Motorweek 2018 Mz6 Segment

I watched it an really am sad that the Touring trim loses the manual transmission. Now that there are two lux trims (GT & Sig), why does the Touring trim have to lose the manual option?

Now, if I'm going manual '6, I'm stuck with buying an older Touring trim, or relgating myself to the Sport trim. Sure, same engine, but less other stuff found on the Touring.

Our US market really needs the '6wagon. what would be interesting is if Mazda USA made the '6wagon the next Mazdaspeed 6 {throwing a big idea out there for them to consider}. The US need more Hot Wagons. With the demise of the CTS-V wagon, the Volvo V60 Polestar and the M-B E63 wagon are the only true Hot Wagons in the US that I can think of currently on sale (new).

Becuase the '6 Touring lost the manual, I'm now leaning more toward the Accord Sport 1.5t or Civic Si (4-door). A '3Hatch Touring is on the list, but it is below the Hondas and the two VW wagons I'm also considering. Good news is, the '3Hatch slots above the Honda Fit, which I have as the worst case scenario, can only get a car for under $19k.

Back