Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

Registered Member

Mazda 2016 CX-5

Touchscreen IS disabled is Apple Carplay but only when car is in motion.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

I drove a Hyundai rental vehicle. AA works when in motion on Hyundai, so this is still a mazda limitation.

the AIO tweak doesn't over ride this.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

Also with the location of the screen on the 2nd gen using the touchscreen is a bit of a stretch anyway. I think for most stuff the knob works reasonably well once you get the hang of it.

Quote Originally Posted by alphadog00 View Post
    the AIO tweak doesn't over ride this.
    It certainly does IF you add the Tweak to allow touchscreen while moving.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    It certainly does IF you add the Tweak to allow touchscreen while moving.
    I largely agree with the knob being sufficient, but can you apply the (touchscreen while driving) tweak even after you've updated to v.70, or does it have to be done at v.59, prior to the AA/ACP upgrade?

Also agree that the knob is great. I did enable touchscreen. Rarely use it.

You cannot apply it from the USB stick once you upgrade past 59.00.502 without first doing the serial cable business.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT

Just got my 2017 CX-5 updated. Now I get "android auto setup will resume when the car is parked" I suspect the wiring is hosed as I tried doing multiple things. Reinstalled the app, tried a different USB cable, powered off the car and waited 10 minutes, reinstalled the app and ran through the setup, then powered the car back on. Keep getting "android auto setup will resume when the car is parked" even when I'm obviously parked. I suspect the head unit is getting a signal from the car that makes it think its in motion or something. The dealer has it now and I have a loaner until they figure out what is going on.

Running a One Plus 6t with Android Pie. I made sure every possible right is setup for the app.

Registered Member

'17 3 & CX-5

Just received my parts yesterday and installed today. I had installed the firmware last week.

Works like a charm so far. Still have some learning to do with the commander knob vs touch but I'm not opposed to that. I'm stoked to have Android Auto and google assistant back in my DD :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kellic View Post
    Just got my 2017 CX-5 updated. Now I get "android auto setup will resume when the car is parked" I suspect the wiring is hosed as I tried doing multiple things. Reinstalled the app, tried a different USB cable, powered off the car and waited 10 minutes, reinstalled the app and ran through the setup, then powered the car back on. Keep getting "android auto setup will resume when the car is parked" even when I'm obviously parked. I suspect the head unit is getting a signal from the car that makes it think its in motion or something. The dealer has it now and I have a loaner until they figure out what is going on.

Running a One Plus 6t with Android Pie. I made sure every possible right is setup for the app.
    Just got the same phone. Works great in my loaner Tuscon. Haven't tried it in my Mazda yet. Wife won't let me have it until she gets her Volvo back.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

You cannot apply it from the USB stick once you upgrade past 59.00.502 without first doing the serial cable business.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm on v59.00.446.

I think i'm just going to enable touchscreen for passengers and maybe remove the disclaimer screen.

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT

Just got the same phone. Works great in my loaner Tuscon. Haven't tried it in my Mazda yet. Wife won't let me have it until she gets her Volvo back.
    OK, things are looking better. Mazda reseated the connections in the head unit. initially had some problems connecting on the phone side. It would act as if it's popping something up and immediately close it down. I did go in and turn off battery optimization. After that I had it plugged in and the car turned off. I talked with the dealer and drove off with the intent of contacting Mazda corporate in the morning for troubleshooting. As soon as I started up the car and drove off Android auto kicked in. It's been working fine since then.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

Good to hear.

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-5

I just did the serial cable last week. Turned out to be quite involved...needed to solder to the PCB to get a good connection and had to do the terminal commands at a really specific time to get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by dc16 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm on v59.00.446.

I think i'm just going to enable touchscreen for passengers and maybe remove the disclaimer screen.
    Dude... you are my proof! I've said more then once there are 17's out there that were sold with the old firmware.
    DO IT! Run the BRINGBACK SCRIPT as well. This will re-enable the hacks after you get a new FW update.

Quote Originally Posted by MyRCode View Post
    I just did the serial cable last week. Turned out to be quite involved...
    Defnetly involved. This is why I don't generally recommend it.
    Last edited by 7eregrine; 12-06-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

Dude... you are my proof! I've said more then once there are 17's out there that were sold with the old firmware.
    DO IT! Run the BRINGBACK SCRIPT as well. This will re-enable the hacks after you get a new FW update.
    OK, your enthusiasm is tilting me towards doing the AIO hack before the dealer puts in AA/ACP later this month.
    What is the Bringback script? -- I'm going to have to research this a bit more.
    We got our CX-5 in June 2017.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast