CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

Total cost came out to $368 at dealer.

They updated to firmware v70 and I lost all the mods from before. Hopefully with the bringback installed earlier along the tweaks I can just apply them again.

Scheduled my install appointment for Wednesday but emailed the service manager. Told me since i have parts already labor is $150, but then informs me that they are running a "promotion" and parts AND labor are only $250. aggghh

Scheduled my install appointment for Wednesday but emailed the service manager. Told me since i have parts already labor is $150, but then informs me that they are running a "promotion" and parts AND labor are only $250. aggghh
Of course.

Total cost came out to $368 at dealer.

They updated to firmware v70 and I lost all the mods from before. Hopefully with the bringback installed earlier along the tweaks I can just apply them again.
Report back, please.

I'm going to apply the tweak again soon.

For now, the only thing that seems to have carried over through the AA/ACP upgrade is that the is touchscreen still enabled while driving. Everything else; rear camera warning, disclaimer, main menu background are back, and the speedometer app is gone.

Last edited:

The $250 special is a lot better than the $399 price my dealer was quoting.

Report back, please.

Just sat in the car for an hour. I must have not run the bringback script correctly before because the only tweak that has persisted is the touchscreen enabled while driving. Fortunately, this was the only thing that I really wanted originally, but I'll miss the other tweaks I had before.

O well, Happy New Year fellas!

Just sat in the car for an hour. I must have not run the bringback script correctly before because the only tweak that has persisted is the touchscreen enabled while driving. Fortunately, this was the only thing that I really wanted originally, but I'll miss the other tweaks I had before.

O well, Happy New Year fellas!

Happy New Year!
So you tried running the AIO again from USB and nada?

Nada. I tried both USB ports for 22 minutes each since the website said, "30 seconds to 20 minutes, be patient" before the initial prompt screen might appear.

It could be just me, but v70 does seem a tad snappier than v59. And I'm getting used to Android Auto and its controls. They're OK but not great. On my phone I can zoom out in maps and select alternate routes fairly quickly (perhaps 2-3 seconds). The same activity in AA takes a few more seconds, but does let you have more road awareness.

Music is a lot easier to manage and play using the Mazda audio system instead of Google Play Music. I might have to find another music app that works via AA.

Have not experienced huge differences in handling phone calls and texts so far. It is nice that other communication apps like Hangouts and Facebook Messenger get relayed though.

Last edited:
I was all set to get the upgrade until I saw a you tube video on the install. I have major concerns about rattles after seeing that the whole dash has to be taken apart.

So many people have done this and nine are reporting rattles. Do eeeet!

I was all set to get the upgrade until I saw a you tube video on the install. I have major concerns about rattles after seeing that the whole dash has to be taken apart.

I was a little concerned about that, and also about damage to the various console and dash components. But after having the install done by my dealer there are no problems at all.

Maybe if it was 7 of 9.

Being serious though it didnt introduce any rattles that Ive noticed and I notice all noises.

They do have a lot of foam tape in there. So as long as the tech used it and didnt break anything I bet youre fine. And if the dealers doing it they should replace anything they break.

Last edited:
No rattles here. And it was 30F this morning.

I also notice all noises. Noises only me, birds, and dogs hear apparently... We're driving along and I hear something in the back-left tire. None of the other passengers hear it. I pull over and take out a piece of asphalt gravel, problem solved.

No rattles here. And it was 30F this morning.

I also notice all noises. Noises only me, birds, and dogs hear apparently... We're driving along and I hear something in the back-left tire. None of the other passengers hear it. I pull over and take out a piece of asphalt gravel, problem solved.

Yup! Last noise was a small rock stuck in one my tires!

How did you managed to get your dealer install Apple Car Play - i have CX5 (2016) and my dealer says that it comes factory fitted and there is nothing he can do.

I am stuck with the outdated map - even thought I did purchased the online one (it was always OUTDATED) and I am not going to renew it. For example, I know a road that has been closed /blocked for years and still it ask me to pass.

Another, there is store that has been there since 1997 and my mazda doesn't show.

How did you managed to get your dealer install Apple Car Play - i have CX5 (2016) and my dealer says that it comes factory fitted and there is nothing he can do.

I am stuck with the outdated map - even thought I did purchased the online one (it was always OUTDATED) and I am not going to renew it. For example, I know a road that has been closed /blocked for years and still it ask me to pass.

Another, there is store that has been there since 1997 and my mazda doesn't show.

Your dealer's fibbing. Keffer Mazda installed Apple Carplay in my 2016 CX-5 GT two months ago. Works wonderfully

Back