Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

Registered Member

Mazda 2016 CX-5

Ok, is there anyway to control Waze or google maps with voice commands in apple CarPlay?

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

Waze canít seem to understand me but itís there technically. Havenít tried Google maps but Apple maps supports that well and honestly works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dc16 View Post
    OK, your enthusiasm is tilting me towards doing the AIO hack before the dealer puts in AA/ACP later this month.
    What is the Bringback script? -- I'm going to have to research this a bit more.
    We got our CX-5 in June 2017.
    If you run the auto recovery script and autorun, separately after you run the hack, it will bring back your access yo using the USB method after a firmware update. A couple people have confirmed that it even renabled touch while moving and no disclaimer automatically.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    If you run the auto recovery script and autorun, separately after you run the hack, it will bring back your access yo using the USB method after a firmware update. A couple people have confirmed that it even renabled touch while moving and no disclaimer automatically.
    I see, so the benefit being any future hacks won't need to be the serial cable route.

Registered Member

Curious if anyone has successfully asked the dealer to upgrade just the firmware to v70, and if they did it for free? Was there anything in particular you mentioned, such as a bug/fix that prompted them to do the upgrade? I feel confident in my ability to install the hardware, but think I would prefer the dealer to install the firmware.

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature; 2017 Mazda MX-5 RF/GT/LE

Quote Originally Posted by jinx8402 View Post
    Curious if anyone has successfully asked the dealer to upgrade just the firmware to v70, and if they did it for free? Was there anything in particular you mentioned, such as a bug/fix that prompted them to do the upgrade? I feel confident in my ability to install the hardware, but think I would prefer the dealer to install the firmware.
    My dealership installed the updated firmware at no charge on both my CX-5 and my Miata prior to me installing the CarPlay hardware in both cars.
    This was prior to the "official" release of CarPlay for either car.

Keep in mind that I have a long-term relationship with my service advisor and the service manager.
    Mentioning something like "drops bluetooth connection" enables them to charge it to warranty and be reimbursed by MNAO.

They also performed the update from 70.xx.021 to 70.xx.100 in my Miata at no charge when I took the car in for its safety inspection this past Tuesday.
    I'm not having the CX-5 done; as I'm hoping the incoming '19 already has the latest firmware.
    2019 Soul Red Crystal Metallic CX-5 Signature
    2019 Racing Orange MX-5 Miata RF/MT 30th Anniversary Edition (9th Miata)
    29 Mazdas since 1974

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

It does feel snappier to me outside of CarPlay. Not sure if itís just cause it got hard reboot or if anything is actually better though.

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Turborascal View Post
    Mentioning something like "drops bluetooth connection" enables them to charge it to warranty and be reimbursed by MNAO.
    Is this a common issue with 59xx?? And is 70 supposed to address it?

I've started having just that problem recently, whereas it was flawless for the first year. It drops the connection randomly. But when I go to the phone, it show's BT turned OFF, so I was thinking it was more likely a phone issue.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

If BT is off on your phone that would be a phone issue imo. I donít think the car can tell your phone to turn off Bluetooth altogether.

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Quote Originally Posted by jthj View Post
    If BT is off on your phone that would be a phone issue imo. I don*t think the car can tell your phone to turn off Bluetooth altogether.
    Is that a common [or not uncommon] with androids? It doesn't drop BT anytime I'm using it in the house, just in the car. I guess I'll have to try another phone in the car and see.

Any insight is appreciated; I'm not a phone geek.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    Is that a common [or not uncommon] with androids? It doesn't drop BT anytime I'm using it in the house, just in the car. I guess I'll have to try another phone in the car and see.

Any insight is appreciated; I'm not a phone geek.
    I feel like if I answer this question Iíll start a war....

Iím an iPhone guy but I do obviously have friends/coworkers who are android guys/gals. I do observe them often fretting about BT issues so I think that at least with some specific phones there are in fact more issues.

I play PoGo and I remember one time where two of them went on for hours about getting the Gotcha (BT Accessory) to connect to their phones which I think was a couple generations back Samsung something or another.

I havenít really had any BT issues with the Mazda using an iPhone. My main gripe isnít you canít set a priority. My wife and I both have our phones paired so if weíre both in the car.... itís like flip a coin on whoís phone connects. Previous car was a Ford and you could mark one phone as the primary and if there were any other phones it would connect to that one.

Registered Member

2018 3 Sport GT MANUAL

Mazda Canada release some videos on AA FWIW

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...V8EVV-4Z-E4jds

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    I wonder if it may have something to do with different bluetooth versions?
    That would make sense. I can't see how it could be relevant, but I THINK it started soon after I got some headphones with BT5 that I use with the phone around the house. The phone and car are some versions of BT4. Coincidence? If not, what's the connection?

Does BT get "flakey" with age? If it fails on your phone, is there a way to reinstall and/or repair BT, or would it be time for a new phone?

[Apologies if this is too OT for some.]

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature; 2017 Mazda MX-5 RF/GT/LE

Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    Is this a common issue with 59xx?? And is 70 supposed to address it?

I've started having just that problem recently, whereas it was flawless for the first year. It drops the connection randomly. But when I go to the phone, it show's BT turned OFF, so I was thinking it was more likely a phone issue.
    Not common that I know of ... but it does provide "cover" for the dealership to be reimbirsed by MNAO for performing the update.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast