Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

So many people have done this and nine are reporting rattles. Do eeeet!

Registered Member

Mazda CX5

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    Local dealer is still running a special for $350. Originally expired on 12/31. Now they are running it again until 1/31. It keeps calling me..lol

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    Nine is more than I would be comfortable with.

LMAO. Spell check. *none
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Prem

Quote Originally Posted by DEman19901 View Post
    I was all set to get the upgrade until I saw a you tube video on the install. I have major concerns about rattles after seeing that the whole dash has to be taken apart.
    I was a little concerned about that, and also about damage to the various console and dash components. But after having the install done by my dealer there are no problems at all.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

Maybe if it was 7 of 9.

Being serious though it didnít introduce any rattles that Iíve noticed and I notice all noises.

They do have a lot of foam tape in there. So as long as the tech used it and didnít break anything I bet youíre fine. And if the dealers doing it they should replace anything they break.
    Last edited by jthj; 01-07-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

No rattles here. And it was 30ļF this morning.

I also notice all noises. Noises only me, birds, and dogs hear apparently... We're driving along and I hear something in the back-left tire. None of the other passengers hear it. I pull over and take out a piece of asphalt gravel, problem solved.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by dc16 View Post
    No rattles here. And it was 30ļF this morning.

I also notice all noises. Noises only me, birds, and dogs hear apparently... We're driving along and I hear something in the back-left tire. None of the other passengers hear it. I pull over and take out a piece of asphalt gravel, problem solved.
    Yup! Last noise was a small rock stuck in one my tires!

Registered Member

CX5

How did you managed to get your dealer install Apple Car Play - i have CX5 (2016) and my dealer says that it comes factory fitted and there is nothing he can do.

I am stuck with the outdated map - even thought I did purchased the online one (it was always OUTDATED) and I am not going to renew it. For example, I know a road that has been closed /blocked for years and still it ask me to pass.

Another, there is store that has been there since 1997 and my mazda doesn't show.

Registered Member

Mazda 2016 CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by adnanmalik View Post
    How did you managed to get your dealer install Apple Car Play - i have CX5 (2016) and my dealer says that it comes factory fitted and there is nothing he can do.

I am stuck with the outdated map - even thought I did purchased the online one (it was always OUTDATED) and I am not going to renew it. For example, I know a road that has been closed /blocked for years and still it ask me to pass.

Another, there is store that has been there since 1997 and my mazda doesn't show.

Your dealer's fibbing. Keffer Mazda installed Apple Carplay in my 2016 CX-5 GT two months ago. Works wonderfully

Quote Originally Posted by adnanmalik View Post

Where are you located?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2016 CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by dc16 View Post
    Total cost came out to $368 at dealer.

They updated to firmware v70 and I lost all the mods from before. Hopefully with the bringback installed earlier along the tweaks I can just apply them again.
    Just curious which NYC dealer did you drop your car off for the install? How long did it take?

Registered Member

Honda

Voice texting works well, but CarPlay (at least with my iPhone 6S) severely restricts the number of artists, songs and phone contacts on your phone that you can scroll through using the knob while the car is moving. The Mazda Connect phone book and music systems have no restrictions as long as youíre using the controller knob, which is awesome and super easy. So why restrict CarPlay? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, Mazda, remove the restrictions from CarPlay so that all phone contacts, artists and songs can be scrolled through at all times!!! I may have CarPlay removed if Mazda doesnít fix this with an update, and I wouldnít recommend someone add it to their Mazda as it works right now.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by Fsquared View Post
    Voice texting works well, but CarPlay (at least with my iPhone 6S) severely restricts the number of artists, songs and phone contacts on your phone that you can scroll through using the knob while the car is moving. The Mazda Connect phone book and music systems have no restrictions as long as youíre using the controller knob, which is awesome and super easy. So why restrict CarPlay? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, Mazda, remove the restrictions from CarPlay so that all phone contacts, artists and songs can be scrolled through at all times!!! I may have CarPlay removed if Mazda doesnít fix this with an update, and I wouldnít recommend someone add it to their Mazda as it works right now.
    Strange, I donít have a restriction on my iPhone XS unless my list is a lot shorter than yours.

Registered Member

Honda

Quote Originally Posted by aquadat0r View Post
    Strange, I donít have a restriction on my iPhone XS unless my list is a lot shorter than yours.
    While the car is sitting still I can scroll through all of the artists and all of the songs. Once the car starts moving it shows me a short list of recent artists that Iíve played, so I have to use Siri to choose a different one. When I choose one, it only shows me 11 songs by that artist that I can scroll through with the controller knob. If I have more than 11 songs by that artist, the screen says at the bottom that I have to use Siri to choose other songs. Youíre saying you donít have these restrictions? There are lots of discussions about this online related to many car manufacturers.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast