CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

No. 70 won't give you wifi.

Like I told the previous guy, get to 55 and go to AIO and go nuts.

I have the firmware from the site I got from mazda3revolution...is it really as easy as the videos show-usb, 2 files, and waiting. also have the guide from Mazda I found on that site. Are there long term negatives to it, like affecting the cmu over time?

Yes. It's really that easy. It's the same thing you would get from a Mazda dealer. It's not something different written by a guy in a basement.
That would be the AIO tweaks. Although those are totally safe, too.

i dont know if there's an answer but I had the fm radio on and waze (also tried google maps) the android auto aio version visual was clear but the audio wasn't making a sound, so didn't hear the directions....is this just a limitation or something in settings I can change..

Hi all

The USB port with the phone icon were we plug the Andriod or Iphone to activate AA/CP. Is that a fast charger ? Please advise. I have a 2019 CX5 GTR

Hi all

The USB port with the phone icon were we plug the Andriod or Iphone to activate AA/CP. Is that a fast charger ? Please advise. I have a 2019 CX5 GTR

It's USB 3.0, so faster than the other port. Not as fast as a one plugged into your home outlet, though.

I downloaded and updated my Iphone X's to the latest version of IOS 13 Public Beta 7, IOS Dev Beta 8 is out but hasn't been released to the public yet.

So far I love the updated look with the interface and especially with Music and album art showing up now while in now playing or apple music.I'm playing my personal collection which I downloaded on my own and do not use or subscribe to apple music. Second the nice upgrades that I can confirm is that now Waze can use siri voice to speak into and ask for directions. I haven't tested it yet on Google Maps but am pretty sure Siri voice integration will work with and also Pandora is said to have this feature and also Spotify. One new app that work with car play and IOS 13 is youtube music.

Other key updates: Settings feature is now on car play where you can change the display to alway dark, light mode or auto change.

Lastly if you aren't a fan of apple maps like me you can just delete it from your phone so you don't see that first window in this video listed below.

Android Auto also got an update and is greatly improved.

Also we are just about 2 weeks from Apple officially launching IOS 13 to the public for all of their device. Apple usually does it around September 10th when they hold their press conference and announce their new Iphone models coming out

Curious if anyone has successfully asked the dealer to upgrade just the firmware to v70, and if they did it for free? Was there anything in particular you mentioned, such as a bug/fix that prompted them to do the upgrade? I feel confident in my ability to install the hardware, but think I would prefer the dealer to install the firmware.

Just got my updated to 70.00.335 during a regular service. Complained that the screen has been playing up, freeze up etc. 👹 It took them some time to do it.

Just got my updated to 70.00.335 during a regular service. Complained that the screen has been playing up, freeze up etc. 👹 It took them some time to do it.

I recently got the update too and it was great for a few days. Yesterday and today while using CarPlay and listening to the Apple Podcasts app, the unit has rebooted all on its own while driving. Have you experienced any random reboots?

I recently got the update too and it was great for a few days. Yesterday and today while using CarPlay and listening to the Apple Podcasts app, the unit has rebooted all on its own while driving. Have you experienced any random reboots?

I had it happen six times during a long drive yesterday. Most were when using CarPlay, but the last occurred after I unplugged and was using the Mazda Bluetooth connection to my iPhone to listen to music.

Yes.

There are complaints all over the CX5 Subreddit on Reddit, and as well all over Facebook.

I've been on iOS 13 since the public beta went live. Haven't had any major issues until this past 2-3 days. Now, I'm getting constant freezes, reboots, black screens, and extensively long SiriusXM startup's.

There's definitely an issue going on.

I don't have my phone connected via Bluetooth anymore, and I'm pretty sure the Infotainment system froze and rebooted yesterday without my phone being connected either. I was listening to SiriusXM and boom.. it just up and rebooted.

LOTS of problems going on right now.

Just got my updated to 70.00.335 during a regular service. Complained that the screen has been playing up, freeze up etc. �� It took them some time to do it.

I have 70.00.335 firmware and using Android Auto. I upgraded to 335 version a long time ago and didn't have any issue until lately. Last couple of days, while playing music through Android Auto, there is sound distortion and froze and reboot the infotainment system. It happens at least once a day. It seems that we may need new firmware for new Android Auto or Apple Car Play update.

There are a lot of complains about this on FB and Reddit groups! I am on Android Auto and same problems - audio and scroll wheel response gets jittery, system freezes, reboots. Multiple times in the day. Took it to dealer, he knew about the problem but didn't have a standard solution. Got my software updated to the latest but that did not help - it still reboots.

Dealer said there is a recall on some SD cards, but mine wasn't under the recalled ones based on the number behind the SD card. Not replaced.

Dealer ordered a new infotainment unit for me that will arrive next week.

In the meanwhile, I took out SD card and haven't had a reboot yet in 12 hours. This seems to be working for me, but atleast one person on FB commented that it did not help him.

This could be a big problem from Mazda's side and definitely needs to be fixed asap. Apparently everyone is getting hit with this bug.

Back