CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

That's what I like about it. When the windows are up you don't need to talk at it. It even picks up my son in the back seat very well.

Forgive me if this question has been brought up before (and possibly already answered), but would there be any reason to update to the latest version of software (v 70) if you don't have the hardware installed for AA/AC? Are there any improvements in the software version alone over v 59?

Forgive me if this question has been brought up before (and possibly already answered), but would there be any reason to update to the latest version of software (v 70) if you don't have the hardware installed for AA/AC? Are there any improvements in the software version alone over v 59?
Yes. Pandora performance seems much improved

You can do the same without AA by hitting the talk button but it takes more than one command.

Mine no longer works. Since I got an upgrade to the maps 2 years ago, ~ 90% of my voice searches respond with "Voice search is not available in this country". My display shows "AL" as my location, even though the map shows exactly where I am in Canada.

I have spent literally hours emailing and phoning with TOM-TOM support, and they can't figure out what's wrong with it.

It is very handy to have voice search when it works. Even though I know my way around, knowing the fastest route and where a specific address is (last half mile) is valuable. As is the ability to respond to text messages while driving without having to pick up my phone (which is illegal where I live).

New AA update had some goodness for us.
5cda389b6e2eb81e24649019c8e252fe.jpg

Don't notice anything different except maybe the blue high lights?!? Izzat new? Like the circle around the thumbs down?
79bad583d69fa712662c4de7395f9c4d.jpg

*tap tap* Is this thing on?
Or do people not pay attention to this thread anymore? :D

Yeah I installed back when it was first available and when the dealer wasnt sure what the new usb hub was for. Been happy.

I just came on to see if there are any new firmware updates or thoughts if the new 2019 Mazda 3 CMU user interface will be ported to these models. On Saturday the embargo expired and reviewers released their Mazda 3 2019 reviews in YouTube all showing the new 3 is a very good and positive evolution for Mazda. The new CMU has more of a list style text navigation and refreshed, updated graphics, including SiriusXM satellite radio station graphics and channel rewind capability.

CA only allows one swipe or single press while moving in a car, why would someone need full mirror on a car screen?

Yeah I installed back when it was first available and when the dealer wasn*t sure what the new usb hub was for. Been happy.

I just came on to see if there are any new firmware updates or thoughts if the new 2019 Mazda 3 CMU user interface will be ported to these models. On Saturday the embargo expired and reviewers released their Mazda 3 2019 reviews in YouTube all showing the new 3 is a very good and positive evolution for Mazda. The new CMU has more of a list style text navigation and refreshed, updated graphics, including SiriusXM satellite radio station graphics and channel rewind capability.

My guess, based on the new UI i see, is that it will be reserved for the new wide format screens. I doubt we will get it in any of the older cars.

My guess, based on the new UI i see, is that it will be reserved for the new wide format screens. I doubt we will get it in any of the older cars.

Now that you mention it, the new screen is noticeably wider. It wouldnt look as good on our lower res smaller screens.

Don't notice anything different except maybe the blue high lights?!? Izzat new? Like the circle around the thumbs down?
79bad583d69fa712662c4de7395f9c4d.jpg

Don't judge me for what may be a dumb question lol, but that view of Pandora - mine does not look like that. Is this an AA thing?

Hey, looking to possibly have Android Auto installed on my 2017, do you know if they fixed the issue where the music/podcasts don't pause in the background during a phone call? I listen to a LOT of podcasts and it would be a dealbreaker if I lost my place everytime someone called

Taking my '17 GT CX-5 in for its 10k service today and getting AA/CP installed. 20 years ago I would have done the $199 for parts and done the mod myself. Not as limber as I once was so paid the $399.

Android user.

Last edited:
Back