CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

Antoine

Administrator
* Original Locked Sticky thread including link now opened and merged with a related currently active thread...Title updated as well...Thanks Chris!

*Added in by Chris_Top_her

Now that the official release of AA/ACP is complete, the new this thread is more relevant than the old one with had months of speculation and hacks etc..

Last edited by a moderator:
Apple Carplay Issues

Just had dealer install Apple Carplay on my CX-5 this morning. Loving it so far except discovered when I tried to open Google Maps or WAZE all I got was a blank screen, no roads. Playing around with it at home discovered I have to have Google Maps or WAZE open on my iPhone before connecting to Carplay for the app to display correctly. Anyone else discovered any other issues ????

I saw someone on the cx5 club fb page saying they couldn't use the touch screen with Waze even when the car is stopped.

Just had it installed Ill have to try those things. But working good here so far. Like that the shortcuts work but itd be cool if I could bind NAV to Waze.

I have had CarPlay in my Mercedes for a while and only recently did Apple allow access to WAZE. Yes, you have to open WAZE on the phone, you can have the phone already connected before and the car's screen is only a mirror image of the phone. I still find it better than Mercedes' app. Good luck

Things like this are why car companies are kind of leery of CP and AA. Issues are often with that system and not the car's but customers don't care and blame the car.

I had issues with the SiriusXM app being a black screen. I deleted the app and reinstalled it and now it works.

I dont have any issues with WAZE. I installed the touchscreen while moving tweak from AIO 2.8.1 and that greatly enhances the system since the touchscreen works all the time now.

Apple Car Play

Hello,

I purchased my first Mazda yesterday. I previously had a BMW but fell in love with the Mazda. My only condition was that it must have CarPlay. Well, as of yesterday, the dealer was able to install it in the 2018. For those waiting, it is now here.

Opened the thread now and merged one that appeared in "Lounge" now that the AA/ACP has rolled out officially as dealer install...

Hmmmmm, no album artwork. Interesting
Correction, it*s there, just as a blurry hard to see background

Last edited:
Got the upgrade for my 2016 CX5 - had a $40 coupon for the service center closest to me so it cost $360. So far so good - noticed the Infotainment version is 70.00.100A.

The only few annoyances are:

- Apple Maps colors look washed out on the Mazda screen. I guess too many light colors and color coded place names and very little black or dark colors for things that should stand out. Anyone else have this problem? Any way to change the colors?

- Apple Maps wont display the speed limit while just driving. It does display the limit while giving guidance but wont mark it in red or anything if you exceed the limit. Is there any way to get it to always show the limit? And to warn when going over the limit?

Does anyone know if both ports have the upgraded charging output or only the one marked as smartphone for mirroring? I asked the guy at the dealer and he said he thought it was just the mirror port but didnt sound confident. I guess it wouldnt surprise me but seems kinda silly given the output is higher on the back seat ports.

Hi everyone. Just registered now to ask this question, I bought my 2018 CX-5 GT at the start of this month, certified pre-owned. And I learned a week ago that there will be support for AA. Am I eligible for free upgrade? Or will I still be paying for that?

Im pretty sure that was just on 2018 Mazda 6 as the CX-5 didnt get it as a factory option until 2019. Now some dealers might have offered it on their own beyond what Mazda was doing. I think most here either had the dealer install as an accessory or self installed after buying parts online. I want to say I saw one person who negotiated into the purchase before it was actually available.

I thought I read from somewhere that the 2018 CX-5s could get a free upgrade. But I just spoke with my dealership, he said it's not standard on the 2019s, that it's just an add-on except for the higher trim levels. If I'm not mistaken, it says on mazda's site that it's standard on the 2019s on all trims, right? He says that's why they have it as an add-on for everyone. And he said it's gonna cost me $349 to have it installed.

If you pop over to Mazdausa.com you will see on the 2019 it is on Touring and above. Wasnt available on any trim for 2018 on the CX-5. The Mazda 6 which was a late 2018 was the first car they added it to on certain trims. On those early production cars that didnt get it at the factory they had a campaign for free install at the dealer. AFAIK thats the only case where it was actually free on a car that didnt get it from the factory. $350 isnt bad. $400 is about average and some people are getting quoted $500.

Yeah I just saw on mazda's site too that it's the cx-5 2019 touring and higher that has it standard. I guess $350 is not bad. I'll have to think about it 1st, though.lol Thanks for the info.

I just had it installed on our 2017. I personally think its worth it. Another factor is you wont have to worry about updates for the factory nav if you have that which expire after 3 years.

Back