Finally made several laser cut speaker adapters

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT
I was finally able to work on my own car! Laser'd out the front two dash speaker adapters. I have an DSP and will be running active. Tweeters will go into the front dash, 6.5 mid bass in the doors & Coaxes on the rear doors. Let me know what you think of the adapters.

final-tweeter247.jpg

Made out of acrylic laster cut and engraved. Took out my name in the image.

midbass247.jpg

Door speaker adapter snug fit for my 6.5 Focal.

tweet2247.jpg

Comparison of the stock speaker to the adapter.

tweets247.jpg

Adapter on top of the stock speaker. Matches perfectly.

Last edited:
Looks spot on.. good job.. after you install then with new speakers let us know if they are stable...

Looks spot on.. good job.. after you install then with new speakers let us know if they are stable...

Will do. The are made of Acrylic so I believe they will hold up. Might be a little while as I am waiting on some amps before installing.

Nice and tidy with clean lines. I*d be happy if I made something like that.

What*s you plans for feeding your DSP. Are you going to use factory speaker out or is it possible to mod the infotainment system for an rca / unbalanced output ?

The DSP is going to be fed with the stock high level signals, then the DSP has RCA outputs. I will then feed all the new speakers actively from the amps.

I drew up the rear speakers today. Pictures to follow after I make them.

how will the separation of the tweeter and (door) woofer affect the staging?

CAD work and laser cuts look nice. You might be on to something (wink) with these. Hope they work out for you.

Back