2016 CX-9 Engine sound normal?

Aggie

:
2016 CX-9
First time posting. I notice my CX-9 making rattling sound from the engine and wonder if this is normal after driven at park with break lock. I know the alternator belt sound is left but what's the right rattling? I have a video here showing it.

https://youtu.be/X8muzsQJPvc

Dead link.

There should not be a rattle. Something is loose, maybe a heat shield, maybe something else. Find & fix it.

Sorry, I think the link should be fixed now.
I'm just not sure is the driver side sound is coming from the turbo or something else. This is my first turbo vehicle.

That's not a rattle. It might be valve train noise. Mine sounds the same. No worries.

A turbocharger is silent or may have a slight whine. It is a very rapidly rotating centrifugal air compressor driven by a gas turbine on the same shaft. The gas turbine is powered by hot exhaust gas. These rotate at many tens of thousands of rpms. If my turbocharger sounded like the tick we hear, I'd duck for cover, shut the engine off, and tow it to the shop. That tick is not the turbo.

That's not a rattle. It might be valve train noise. Mine sounds the same. No worries.

A turbocharger is silent or may have a slight whine. It is a very rapidly rotating centrifugal air compressor driven by a gas turbine on the same shaft. The gas turbine is powered by hot exhaust gas. These rotate at many tens of thousands of rpms. If my turbocharger sounded like the tick we hear, I'd duck for cover, shut the engine off, and tow it to the shop. That tick is not the turbo.

Thanks for the responded! it's good to know that's normal. :)

Back