Adding an autofold module to my side mirrors

Oz Biggles

:
2018 CX-5 Maxx Sport
I have brand new 2018 Maxx Sport and am just loving it. I've added a few minor things (cargo mat & mudflaps) that I bought from Ebay but recently decided to 'get serious' and add this module that I saw on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I would have preferred a full set of harnesses with plugs attached, though careful inspection of the images showed that this wasn't to be and so I was looking for a very clear set of instructions for integrating the unit into the existing wiring harnesses.

What I got was, what seemed to me, a very minimal set of instructions with a vague(ish) wiring diagram like this:

Well, I would be able to show you but I cannot embed and image and when I tried to upload a file (the pdf I scanned) using the paperclip icon it continually failed.

The bottom line is that I suspect I am going to have to pay an auto electrician about 4 times what I paid for the module to install it for me - bugger! - oh well I guess that is Ebay for you.

I have brand new 2018 Maxx Sport and am just loving it. I've added a few minor things (cargo mat & mudflaps) that I bought from Ebay but recently decided to 'get serious' and add this module that I saw on Ebay:

I would have preferred a full set of harnesses with plugs attached, though careful inspection of the images showed that this wasn't to be and so I was looking for a very clear set of instructions for integrating the unit into the existing wiring harnesses.

What I got was, what seemed to me, a very minimal set of instructions with a vague(ish) wiring diagram like this:

Well, I would be able to show you but I cannot embed and image and when I tried to upload a file (the pdf I scanned) using the paperclip icon it continually failed.

The bottom line is that I suspect I am going to have to pay an auto electrician about 4 times what I paid for the module to install it for me - bugger! - oh well I guess that is Ebay for you.

Use a third party sharing site such as tinypic or imgure etc, upload still images of that document and share here using the pre-populated link details.

Someone will then be able to advise accordingly :)

Last edited:
Wondering, don't you need the mirrors with the folding mechanism to begin with other than just the module?

Wondering, don't you need the mirrors with the folding mechanism to begin with other than just the module?
They have it already, it's just power folding not Auto folding. Hence them looking at this mechanism

What mechanism? All I see listed is an electronic module to be plugged into a harness. Yes the mirrors are collapsible or fold in by hand but to be automated with the module, isn't there a motor required in the mirror housing?

Hi folks, I apologise for the lack of clarity in my original post. The Maxx Sport in Oz has mirrors that are folded via a switch on the driver's door switch panel but I want to make them fold automatically, hence the module from EBay.

Last edited:
Hello,

I have a semi plug and play auto mirror fold module, looking for someone in Australia to test it as i dont have access to any mazda car to test on.
Please PM me if your interested.

This is the module
XiADaQh.jpg

I realise this is old but what it's worth, I installed this exact module on a 2001 Protg5 about 2 years ago. I wired it up for the mirrors to unfold when the key is ACC position, and fold in on lock, either with the remote fob, or key in the door lock. Was very easy to do. It's not that complicated as a DIY. Still works great with no issues whatsoever. Module is positioned under the window master switch on drivers door.

Back