2017~2024 GT Wheel Touch-Up Paint?

clads01

:
2017 CX-5 GT FWD Machine Gray
Experienced some minor curb rash, and wondering if anyone has any experience with touch-up paint on the GT wheels. Any good options for a matching one? The wheel paint actually seems very close to the body paint on my Machine Gray, so I guess in the absence of any input, I can just try a paint that matches the body.

Below is a online picture of the wheel paint I'm trying to match (not an actual picture of my wheel with the curb rash).

Thanks!

2017-Mazda-CX-5-wheels.jpg

Last edited:
I've just read the manual and whilst it doesn't mention anything on how to fix scuffs/kerb rash, it does say this...

"If your aluminum wheels lose luster, apply wax which contains no polishing powder"

In your case, maybe contact Mazda North America HQ and see what they would recommend (uhm)

Part of the outermost circumference that is painted dark grey is scratched and showing the silver aluminum underneath. Don't think wax will help. I can try to post an actual pic of my wheel tomorrow.

Unless there is a repair kit available, you may need to take it to a alloy wheel restorer

Back