Will Thule Force XL cargo box fit on 2018 Mazda CX-5?

SRCJR221

:
2018 Mazda CX-5 AWD
Hey, I was wondering if anything has a 2017 or 2018 Mazda CX-5 with a Thule Force XL cargo box?

I have OEM bars on my car and just need to know if the Thule Force XL will fit on my CX-5. I know the Thule website says it will fit but I was curious is somebody had a picture of any extra insight.

Thanks!

I have a Thule Force L and it fits perfectly on the OEM rails and crossbars. Plenty of room for the hatch to open. Here is the only pic I have of it installed. The XL is only 1 cubic foot larger than the L so I would assume it would fit. The Thule fit guide has always been accurate for me.
20180622_074520.jpg

I have a Thule Force L and it fits perfectly on the OEM rails and crossbars. Plenty of room for the hatch to open. Here is the only pic I have of it installed. The XL is only 1 cubic foot larger than the L so I would assume it would fit. The Thule fit guide has always been accurate for me.

For comparison purposes, we bought the Force L for our old Audi (see pic). The hatch would not open all the way on the Audi, even with the box installed all the way forward. On the CX-5, you can see from my picture above that the box overhangs the windshield much more than the Audi did.
IMG_6637_2.jpg

Wow, your CX-5 looks really good with that cargo box. I feel a little more comfortable now getting the Force XL.

Will post a picture on how it looks on my CX-5 when it comes in!

Thanks!

Got the Force XL in earlier this week. Had to adjust the height very very slightly on the trunk liftgate so it wouldn't hit the box when it opened but not bad at all.

Attachments

• IMG_7374.PNG
    IMG_7374.PNG
    187.1 KB · Views: 1,444
Back