Rear camber kit for 2017+ CX5

:
Mazda CX5 GT
Hi all,

I am having trouble finding a rear camber kit for a 2017 CX5. No one seems to make them. Has anyone had any luck with this?

When I had this dilemma, with my '14, I have made my own arms. Not camber arms, adjustable lateral links. This brings in the bottom of the wheel. Camber arm pushes out the top of the wheel.

I'm hoping now to resort to going to a machine shop for that. Can you share some photos of the lateral links? I'm sitting at -2.5 camber for the rear.

I'm hoping now to resort to going to a machine shop for that. Can you share some photos of the lateral links? I'm sitting at -2.5 camber for the rear.

I’m assuming you lowered the car? If so, you’re no doubt a little too far negative on the front too and should add camber bolts to the front struts (assuming they’re available for the gen 2).

Last edited:
Check the p/n of the rear upper arm as its called on the gen1 cx5 vs the gen2 cx5. If they are the same then you can get one from Hardrace. Not sure if the gen1/2 are interchangeable or not.

Here’s another possibility. Go to Meganracing.com (essentially the same as Hardrace) and look at their listing for the lower toe control rod for the 2017 CX-5. It looks like it may be the same one as the gen 1 car. It’s not the best way to adjust rear camber, but per #2 above, it will usually get the job done.

My apologies for the lack of details. I have a 2017 CX5 with BC racing coilovers and front SPC camber bolt. I am.unable to align within spec for the rear camber. I will do what Chris recommended - check part number on oem rear camber arm between the two gen.

It seems like, none of my pictures show up, in the "Manage attachments" . They are all gray.
Chris, do you know what could be the problem?
An update for those who jumped at me, when I have made my own lateral links. I'm almost at 50k, and still driving hard.
Matter of fact, I have hit the wheels also and it is still OK. I just need an alignment.
Both arms, cost me less than $150(!), if I remember well, maybe even less.

Last edited:
The P/N for the rear upper control arm is the same across the years. It also appear to the same regardless of engine size - 2.0 or 2.5L. Based on this, the megan control arm for 2013-2016 should fit a 2017 CX5.

Interesting. Wonder why Megan hasn't figured that out yet!

Megan calls it a camber kit because it allows adjustment of camber. So it*s an adjustable upper control arm and inter changeable with the Madzda part. I*ve got them on my lowered 2013 and they*re a must if you*re changing springs.

Megan calls it a camber kit because it allows adjustment of camber. So it*s an adjustable upper control arm and inter changeable with the Madzda part. I*ve got them on my lowered 2013 and they*re a must if you*re changing springs.

Thanks for your response. I'm going to order the Megan camber kit and correct my camber, which is currently at -2.3.

That is for toe. Only one side of the arm, has that adjustment.
Just an update, my own made lateral links are still working great, they are still in one piece. They are modified factory arms. I have added adjustability to them. They pull inward the bottom of the wheel and not like the camber kits, that push out the top of the wheel. I could put wider wheels in there (burnout)

Back