Front & Around View Camera?

:
2018 Rogue
Hello my Mazda friends,

I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge whether Mazda will finally be adding front and around view cameras to the CX 5 for 2019?

I am a long-time Mazda owner and lover, but for practicality reasons had to switch away from my beloved brand a few years ago and bought a Rogue. Realizing my mistake, I'm actively looking to get into a new CX-5. Went to look at one recently and was actually pretty surprised that it doesn't have many features I have gotten used to in my Rogue, the most noticeable being the front and around view cameras. It didn't even have the moving parking sensors on the rear view camera. For such a nice sleek looking modern mazda, this seems like a real cheapo move. Generally the instrument cluster looked really dated, both the centre console and the main driving panel - which was surprising...

I wasn't overly impressed with the packages on the 2018 CX-5, and really feel there are lot of little details they could improve on for 2019 if they choose to do so. Just wondering if anyone has any info on this, or more generally, where I can look to find the newest info on 2019 Mazdas in general? I'm really hoping to get back into a Mazda sooner rather than later, and that a 2019 CX-5 will be more to my liking!

Thanks in advance for any useful info!

I recently made similar suggestions to Mazda and got a positive response. I've seen the overhead view in an Armada and it is odd. But front cameras in a Corvette when parking were nice and worked well.

Mazda USA still clings to the idea that the joystick is intuitive not distracting. Which is closer to a hand on the steering wheel, the radio in the dash or the console behind the shifter? Which takes less time, touching the screen or scroll, verify, correct, push?

Hello my Mazda friends,

I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge whether Mazda will finally be adding front and around view cameras to the CX 5 for 2019?

I am a long-time Mazda owner and lover, but for practicality reasons had to switch away from my beloved brand a few years ago and bought a Rogue. Realizing my mistake, I'm actively looking to get into a new CX-5. Went to look at one recently and was actually pretty surprised that it doesn't have many features I have gotten used to in my Rogue, the most noticeable being the front and around view cameras. It didn't even have the moving parking sensors on the rear view camera. For such a nice sleek looking modern mazda, this seems like a real cheapo move. Generally the instrument cluster looked really dated, both the centre console and the main driving panel - which was surprising...

I wasn't overly impressed with the packages on the 2018 CX-5, and really feel there are lot of little details they could improve on for 2019 if they choose to do so. Just wondering if anyone has any info on this, or more generally, where I can look to find the newest info on 2019 Mazdas in general? I'm really hoping to get back into a Mazda sooner rather than later, and that a 2019 CX-5 will be more to my liking!

Thanks in advance for any useful info!

It depends on the respective country's HQ.

Here in Australia, we got the 360 view monitor on our top grade Akera model that was released on May 3. We are one of the very few countries/markets that got it.

I suspect that Mazda North America might be looking at it considering the new Mazda 6, in particular the Signature grade has it now

Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. It's good to know Mazda at least has this on their radar - I did not know they had it in any of their models, but here in Canada it is on the Signature Mazda 6 as you mentioned. I suspect it'll be coming to next year's models, likely as an upgrade which is fine.

Back