Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (FWD) Never

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • (AWD) Other interval

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • (FWD) Other interval

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
I'm the outlier here. I don't rotate them. I have two sets of tires; winter and non-winter. With the mileage I put on each year on each set, they last just fine until it's time to replace them just due to the age of the rubber (4 years usually). So I replace all 4 tires at once as needed. I used to have the tires rotated years ago on previous vehicles and every single time I had some sort of problem develop with the tires (like runout or belt separation, for example). So I stopped having them rotated and have had zero problems since! Even though I change between the winter and non-winter tires myself, I still don't rotate them. I'm sure most will disagree with my practice and say that I'm foolish, but it works for me, I've had zero tire issues and I get good tread life.

Hey if they are wearing evenly and well with your mileage and winter/summer switch, then you're probably good. (thumb)

My target is 5,000 miles but because of switching to and from winter tires I may go a bit longer or shorter. The tire dealer I recently bought from for my wife's car offers free rotations every 6,000 miles.

I'm the outlier here. I don't rotate them. I have two sets of tires; winter and non-winter. With the mileage I put on each year on each set, they last just fine until it's time to replace them just due to the age of the rubber (4 years usually). So I replace all 4 tires at once as needed. I used to have the tires rotated years ago on previous vehicles and every single time I had some sort of problem develop with the tires (like runout or belt separation, for example). So I stopped having them rotated and have had zero problems since! Even though I change between the winter and non-winter tires myself, I still don't rotate them. I'm sure most will disagree with my practice and say that I'm foolish, but it works for me, I've had zero tire issues and I get good tread life.

I never rotate mine either. Maybe it's a Minnesota thing!

We put on about 15,000 km per year. Do the rotation during the winter/summer tire swap, so in that 7-8000 km range. Since I do this at home, it's a good time to pressure wash the suspension and under carriage when I'm doing the swap.

Back