Sorry if this is a repost; 2016-2018 Mazda cx9 Brembo, Stoptech rotors and pads ?

hnnnnnh123

:
Mazda CX 9
I can't seem to find rotors and pads from neither Brembo nor Stoptech anywhere, tried ebay, amazon, even their official sites .

Any1 here replaced the OEM with any other brand pads and rotors considering the OEM takes a whole football field to stop completely ?

My CX9 stops in a normal short distance, just what I expect, nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing like what you describe.

Just guessing, you may have glazed your pads by overheating them. You can remove the pads, sandpaper the friction material to remove the glaze (keep them perfectly flat), and reinstall them. Find some instructions on the web for breaking in brake pads. Or, buy new pads with a higher temperature rating. It isn't likely that new rotors will shorten your braking distance unless the rotors are grooved or damaged by heat. If there is an uneven build up of friction material on the rotors, this can be sandpapered off and cleaned with solvent. Part of the break-in process for the pads will reintroduce a smooth layer of material on the rotors.

Carid.com and other vendors offer OEM grade and performance grade pads for our cars from Stoptech, Hawk, EBC and others.

You may have some other defect in your braking system--defective master cylinder or power brake unit. All this can be checked.

My CX9 stops in a normal short distance, just what I expect, nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing like what you describe.

Just guessing, you may have glazed your pads by overheating them. You can remove the pads, sandpaper the friction material to remove the glaze (keep them perfectly flat), and reinstall them. Find some instructions on the web for breaking in brake pads. Or, buy new pads with a higher temperature rating. It isn't likely that new rotors will shorten your braking distance unless the rotors are grooved or damaged by heat. If there is an uneven build up of friction material on the rotors, this can be sandpapered off and cleaned with solvent. Part of the break-in process for the pads will reintroduce a smooth layer of material on the rotors.

Carid.com and other vendors offer OEM grade and performance grade pads for our cars from Stoptech, Hawk, EBC and others.

You may have some other defect in your braking system--defective master cylinder or power brake unit. All this can be checked.

Hi PTguy, thanks for the response. Sorry I over exaggerated a little but I just thought that the OEM brake came with the car is horrid.

Back