Video Brake system flush Mazda CX 5

Hi Guys, Sharing another video here. If you are interested to see how to do Brake system flush .

You could use DOT 3 / DOT 4 for this vehicle . I had gone with DOT 4 .

Cheers.

Man, I praise your effort, but your procedure is wrong on many levels. Read up how it is done in the service manual. In this day and age of one-man pressure and vacuum bleeders, there is absolutely no need to touch the brake pedal, and the whole ordeal is much cleaner and doesn't involve running around the car. And it spares master cylinder from blowing seals at the bottom of the stroke, prolonging it's life.
Besides, if you want to do it this way, the bleeder valve should be closed while the assistant is pumping the pedal. Then he holds the pressure on the pedal while you open the bleeder. Then he pushes the pedal down, but preferably not to the floor! You close the bleeder before he lets the pedal go. Otherwise you can get air back in the cylinder, evidently that's what happened in your case.
You didn't flush nearly enough fluid.
And that pesky mesh screen that was in your way in master cylinder reservoir? It’s there for a reason, you shouldn't have poured fluid without it.
You did nothing to flush ABS module either.
Hope next time you do a better job...

Man, I praise your effort, but your procedure is wrong on many levels. Read up how it is done in the service manual. In this day and age of one-man pressure and vacuum bleeders, there is absolutely no need to touch the brake pedal, and the whole ordeal is much cleaner and doesn't involve running around the car. And it spares master cylinder from blowing seals at the bottom of the stroke, prolonging it's life.
Besides, if you want to do it this way, the bleeder valve should be closed while the assistant is pumping the pedal. Then he holds the pressure on the pedal while you open the bleeder. Then he pushes the pedal down, but preferably not to the floor! You close the bleeder before he lets the pedal go. Otherwise you can get air back in the cylinder, evidently that's what happened in your case.
You didn't flush nearly enough fluid.
And that pesky mesh screen that was in your way in master cylinder reservoir? It’s there for a reason, you shouldn't have poured fluid without it.
You did nothing to flush ABS module either.
Hope next time you do a better job...

Thank you for the comment , Unfortunately you can argue this may not be the best way to do it but in the owners manual techniques are shown u need 2 people to perform the service with the same style of this video / my way of doing this service , in my case i had only myself . but in the past of owning this vehicle and other japanese cars i have manage to performed the same style of service on my brakes and haven't had any issues as long as the tube are submerged within the brake fluid container there shouldn't be any air going back to the system . Plus the CX 5 brakes systems if you compare with other brands they are nearly the same like other common conventional brakes therefore there shouldn't be any complex way of doing this service . unless you own a super car / after market big brake kits you may want to invest on special tool to extract all the air within the brake system .

I apologize if i did not include the complete guide how to flush ABS system. (this requires a special tool). If you dont have a tool it is also do-able , you only need to drive the car hard slammed hard on the brakes a few times to trigger the ABS , then repeat the brake bleeding procedures all over , twice or three times to ensure you get the old brake fluids out of the systems. Enjoy .

Last edited:
I've just got a vacuum bleeder for $40 Canadian or so. That's not a lot...
There are also valves that go over bleeders that prevent fluid from flowing back, if you insist on pumping the pedal.

What I'm saying, there are many more productive and safe ways to do it. But if someone without experience attempts to follow your video, they may get in trouble.

It's your car, your way. Just make sure you never push the pedal all the way down to the floor while pumping.

I've got one of the Motive Power bleeders. I haven't tried it out yet though.

PowerBleeder.jpg

Back