Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2017 Mazda CX-9 front suspension clunking/knocking noise

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX-9 GT

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    I had similar noises. At first they replaced some bushing and that stopped the noises when goingnover bumps. But I still heard noises when accelerating or breaking. They ended up replacing something else and the noises are gone. All covered under warranty.

Can you tell me what they replaced? Maybe a image of the work documentation of the parts, etc.? My dealer says it's a break TSB issue that they don't have a fix yet...

2019 Mazda CX-9 Signature

I have a 2019. There is a clunk noise when going over a speed bump. I'm not sure if it's normal. I've owned many cars in the past and they dont make that noise. This car is brand new with 60 miles. I'm guessing maybe it's the suspension design causing this single clunk noise when the struts are being compressed over the speed bump? It's not very intrusive, but noticeable.

Registered Member

2017 CX-9 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Trixstar View Post
    I have a 2019. There is a clunk noise when going over a speed bump. I'm not sure if it's normal. I've owned many cars in the past and they dont make that noise. This car is brand new with 60 miles. I'm guessing maybe it's the suspension design causing this single clunk noise when the struts are being compressed over the speed bump? It's not very intrusive, but noticeable.
    No, that's not normal. You should have the dealership check it out after demonstrating/showing them the noise that it makes and what conditions produce it.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 2016

Trix, a couple of suggestions: (a) make a video running over the bump and capture the sound of the clunk. (b) find a place close to the dealership with a hump where you can demonstrate the clunk for the service writer.

Not much is more frustrating than bringing your car in with a problem, and when you pick it up the work order says, "could not duplicate."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234