faulty shifter acc switch? Radio staying on

lcann25

:
2014 CX-5
Not really sure how to describe this, I've got a 2014 CX-5. You know how if you hold the shifter to the right when shutting the car off, the radio will remain on? Mine is occasionally doing that without holding the shifter over. Seems like the switch needs to be adjusted or something. Anyone have this problem? I need to try and figure out how to disassemble the trim around the shifter and see what's going on in there.

Not really sure how to describe this, I've got a 2014 CX-5. You know how if you hold the shifter to the right when shutting the car off, the radio will remain on? Mine is occasionally doing that without holding the shifter over. Seems like the switch needs to be adjusted or something. Anyone have this problem? I need to try and figure out how to disassemble the trim around the shifter and see what's going on in there.

Yea I just had this issue fixed, there are other threads covering this issue. It cost about $200 total fixed at the dealership. I highly recommend you call Mazda Head Office and complain about this issue. I did the same but they would not cover the cost of the repair, heard someone on these forums managed to get this repaired for free some how.

The problem is a worn out shifter switch that tells the AUX power that the car is off. Mazda upgraded the part to improve ware and tear. They already knew this is a faulty part yet are not covering it. If you have a warranty still then maybe. They should have this recalled, I highly suggest you call and complain.

Mazda Canada Head Office
Address: 55 Vogell Rd, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 3K5
Hours: 4:30 p.m. ⋅ Opens 8:30 a.m.
Province: Ontario
Phone: (905) 787-7000

Issue is the AT shifter switch.

$200 to fix? Yeesh.

The part is around $50ish. Part#: KDY0-46-040. Instructions to fix can be found here.

I just replaced mine. It took a while of being careful to do it, but I think it took me about an hour to replace. You do have to tear some stuff out around the center console. So if you aren't comfortable doing that, then I'd shop around on pricing.

Back