NEW map

is this update via Mazda's official site? I just checked for North America and it still says February 1, 2018.

is this update via Mazda's official site? I just checked for North America and it still says February 1, 2018.
The website does still say February 1, 2018, but if you use Mazda Toolbox, that says a July 2018 map is available. I'm downloading it right now in fact!

I updated the map to latest version and now the main screen no longer shows speed limit for major roads or highway. HUD still shows based on signs posted but GPS speed data now seems not available. Anyone else have this issue?

I updated the map to latest version and now the main screen no longer shows speed limit for major roads or highway. HUD still shows based on signs posted but GPS speed data now seems not available. Anyone else have this issue?

I havent noticed that issues. All the speed signs around my area are still the same. same mistakes in the same areas.

Thanks for verifying. I noticed the dealer also updated my Mazda connect firmware to the .546 release couple of weeks ago. I wonder if that was what removed it or just a glitch. I did also revert the update by restoring autoback up of the SD card and speed limit is still not showing on main screen.

Last edited:
Thanks for verifying. I noticed the dealer also updated my Mazda connect firmware to the .546 release couple of weeks ago. I wonder if that was what removed it or just a glitch. I did also revert the update by restoring autoback up of the SD card and speed limit is still not showing on main screen.
Did you inadvertently turn off sign recognition? Maybe check and see if that is still on.

Did you inadvertently turn off sign recognition? Maybe check and see if that is still on.

I checked and it was on. Also reset the entire system to factory defaults and reverted the map update but it still will not show speed limit signs on the main screen. Sign recognition is working since the HUD still displays speed limits when camera picks up the road signs.

May be a silly question, but did you confirm in the Safety Settings menu that the box is checked to display the speed limit on the main screen? If not, perhaps this was unchecked at some point during the upgrade process.

May be a silly question, but did you confirm in the Safety Settings menu that the box is checked to display the speed limit on the main screen? If not, perhaps this was unchecked at some point during the upgrade process.

I reset all settings and verified it was checked on but it still won't show.

Back