Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: NEW map

  1. #1
    Registered Member

    2016 cx9

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    43

    NEW map

    up to 7/2018 now

  2. #2
    Registered Member

    '16 CX-9 GT AWD Machine Gray

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    77
    is this update via Mazda's official site? I just checked for North America and it still says February 1, 2018.

  3. #3
    Registered Member Srad600's Avatar

    2016 CX-5AWD GT+Tech/ 2018 CX-9AWD GT

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Chino hills, California
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingoy View Post
    is this update via Mazda's official site? I just checked for North America and it still says February 1, 2018.
    The website does still say February 1, 2018, but if you use Mazda Toolbox, that says a July 2018 map is available. I'm downloading it right now in fact!

  4. #4
    Registered Member

    2018 CX-9 GT

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    30
    I updated the map to latest version and now the main screen no longer shows speed limit for major roads or highway. HUD still shows based on signs posted but GPS speed data now seems not available. Anyone else have this issue?

  5. #5
    Registered Member

    2016 Mazda CX-9 GT

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by teknowiz View Post
    I updated the map to latest version and now the main screen no longer shows speed limit for major roads or highway. HUD still shows based on signs posted but GPS speed data now seems not available. Anyone else have this issue?
    I havenít noticed that issues. All the speed signs around my area are still the same. same mistakes in the same areas.

  6. #6
    Registered Member Srad600's Avatar

    2016 CX-5AWD GT+Tech/ 2018 CX-9AWD GT

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Chino hills, California
    Posts
    655
    Me either, everything works now as it did before.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  7. #7
    Registered Member

    2018 CX-9 GT

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    30
    Thanks for verifying. I noticed the dealer also updated my Mazda connect firmware to the .546 release couple of weeks ago. I wonder if that was what removed it or just a glitch. I did also revert the update by restoring autoback up of the SD card and speed limit is still not showing on main screen.
    Last edited by teknowiz; 07-17-2018 at 09:34 AM.

  8. #8
    Registered Member Srad600's Avatar

    2016 CX-5AWD GT+Tech/ 2018 CX-9AWD GT

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Chino hills, California
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by teknowiz View Post
    Thanks for verifying. I noticed the dealer also updated my Mazda connect firmware to the .546 release couple of weeks ago. I wonder if that was what removed it or just a glitch. I did also revert the update by restoring autoback up of the SD card and speed limit is still not showing on main screen.
    Did you inadvertently turn off sign recognition? Maybe check and see if that is still on.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  9. #9
    Registered Member

    2018 CX-9 GT

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Srad600 View Post
    Did you inadvertently turn off sign recognition? Maybe check and see if that is still on.
    I checked and it was on. Also reset the entire system to factory defaults and reverted the map update but it still will not show speed limit signs on the main screen. Sign recognition is working since the HUD still displays speed limits when camera picks up the road signs.

  10. #10
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-9 GT AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    45
    May be a silly question, but did you confirm in the Safety Settings menu that the box is checked to display the speed limit on the main screen? If not, perhaps this was unchecked at some point during the upgrade process.

  11. #11
    Registered Member

    2018 CX-9 GT

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by greggmischenko View Post
    May be a silly question, but did you confirm in the Safety Settings menu that the box is checked to display the speed limit on the main screen? If not, perhaps this was unchecked at some point during the upgrade process.
    I reset all settings and verified it was checked on but it still won't show.

  12. #12
    Registered Member Srad600's Avatar

    2016 CX-5AWD GT+Tech/ 2018 CX-9AWD GT

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Chino hills, California
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by teknowiz View Post
    I reset all settings and verified it was checked on but it still won't show.
    Maybe it's time for a dealer visit to check over the system (if it's that important to you)?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •