First maintenance service

$139 for that service is ridiculous.
That is double what my Mazda dealer charges for that service

My dealer charges $89.99 for the synthetic oil change plus tire rotation. Im guessing the tech glances at the brakes for anything obviously wrong as he rotates the tires, hence the inspection.

Check or ask for coupons before going.

To be fair, his dealer is doing *5,000-Mile Service*, not just oil change and tire rotation.

And he*s in very expensive San Francisco, not in Red Bluff or Dallas. ;)

Still not fair no matter what's it's called. My 5,000 was $70. Oil and Tire Rotation. Must be that San Fran great-place-to-live tax. [emoji3]

Last edited:
To be fair, his dealer is doing *5,000-Mile Service*, not just oil change and tire rotation.

And he*s in very expensive San Francisco, not in Red Bluff or Dallas. ;)
To be fair mine is a 7500 mile service. And yes it includes all the same items he listed on his quote.

Absolutely ridiculous. Highway robbery. Speaking of highway,that*s what I*d do,hit the highway and never look back to that place...

Last edited:
To be fair mine is a 7500 mile service. And yes it includes all the same items he listed on his quote.

It should. Inspection,lol,more like stated,a glance over anyone else will do for *free*. Get a few more miles on that car and that *inspection* will turn into a *recommendation* for a $400 BS brake lube etc. that some folks will give in an get that*s highly unwarranted.

I wonder why all the apostrophes and quotation marks I typed on my iPhone today have converted into asterisks after submission? (uhm)

I wonder why all the apostrophes and quotation marks I typed on my iPhone today have converted into asterisks after submission? (uhm)

It*s been doing it for days and days now to me. They all turn into asterisks. Guess it*s programming and from when the board took a dump weeks back. Hire a new guy then because this is an easy fix...

To be fair [...] he*s in very expensive San Francisco, not in Red Bluff or Dallas. ;)
That's what I was going to say. I think the big difference in prices are the cities we live in. And I'm not even getting this done in San Francisco proper, this is in a city some 17 miles from SF.

That's what I was going to say. I think the big difference in prices are the cities we live in. And I'm not even getting this done in San Francisco proper, this is in a city some 17 miles from SF.

Wow 17 miles??? you are very lucky to have a dealer so close! I guess you gotta pay for that convenience!

My Mazda dealer is a 293 mile (round trip) Elk Grove/Sacramento area.

If you think he's lucky: I have 6 dealers within 50 miles of me.

Forgot to provide update.

Went to the dealer, and they got the service done in under an hour. They did everything they said they would do and updated the firmware as well, which should be part of the service if you ask me (since it appears to be an important components of cars these days), but all I had to do was ask and they did it.

All in all great service, very helpful/kind staff. I know some of you say this was very expensive, but I doubt an independent shop would have done any cheaper.

Thanks for all your comments/suggestions.

Forgot to provide update.

Went to the dealer, and they got the service done in under an hour. They did everything they said they would do and updated the firmware as well, which should be part of the service if you ask me (since it appears to be an important components of cars these days), but all I had to do was ask and they did it.

All in all great service, very helpful/kind staff. I know some of you say this was very expensive, but I doubt an independent shop would have done any cheaper.

Thanks for all your comments/suggestions.
What dealer is this?

Back