2014 CX-5 multiple warning lights

TeamMurphy

:
2014 Mazda CX 5
I have a 2014 Mazda CX-5 and this morning on the way to work the the dash lit up with check engine needed TPS and scbms. I immediately turned around and drove to blocked back home all the while couldn't exceed 20 miles an hour and a vehicle was lurching. The vehicle has 74,000 miles on it and just had my oil changed yesterday check the oil everything is fine there no leaks not sure what the problem is. I'm going to have it towed to the mechanic but wanted to see if anybody else has had that problem.

I had the same thing happen 2 days ago although I could rev it over 2000 rpm. The code came out as P061B. Replacing the MAF sensor tomorrow. Hoping that solves it.

I had the same thing happen 2 days ago although I could rev it over 2000 rpm. The code came out as P061B. Replacing the MAF sensor tomorrow. Hoping that solves it.

Did you get rain/water near the PCM?

The first and only time my CEL came on on my 14 CX5 was due to a faulty MAF sensor around 80K miles

Swapped the MAF sensor and CEL went off after a few miles of driving. The master warning light and SCBS warning is still on. How do you reset them?

so, are we perhaps thinking this is a preventive maintenance item on the 2014's? How much is the sensor and how difficult to swap?

I got the OEM part from the dealer since I couldn’t wait and cost me ~ $215 with taxes. It takes less than 5 mins to replace. I would do it proactively since it seems to be a frequent cause for CEL

I got the OEM part from the dealer since I couldnt wait and cost me ~ $215 with taxes. It takes less than 5 mins to replace. I would do it proactively since it seems to be a frequent cause for CEL

2014 owner here, 69k miles. So what was the original issue? Here's where my ignorance shows. What's CEL?

2014 owner here, 69k miles. So what was the original issue? Here's where my ignorance shows. What's CEL?
CEL = Check Engine Light = Malfunction Indicator Light = MIL :)

check-engine-light-300x240.jpg

Just ordered a new OEM MAF sensor on Amazon to have around "just in case". $130 delivered. Part # PE01-13-215.

Back