Keyless Entry Nightmare, please help!!

MazdaSad3

:
2009 Mazda 3 2.0
A few weeks ago, I replaced the cabin air filter and realized that a few things were missing (turn signal, wipers, keyless entry). Turns out a harness under the passenger side was not pushed in all the way and that was quickly fixed. Everything went back to normal for a few days until the keyless entry died (everything else works). For weeks, me and a local mechanic have been unable to get the keyless entry working and the frustration is getting unbearable.
We tested the system today and both the module and fob are giving out a signal with no cigar.
Things tried:
-New module
-New fob and new batteries
-Re-program several ways
-Remove all LEDS in the car
-All wires, harnesses, and grounding appears normal
I am desperate for my keyless entry at this point because my poor car feels ruined without it. (OEM system)
Any ideas? I was thinking about attempting to get a key fob set that is programed into a speicifc module already from a junkyard and plugging in the new module? Don't know if that would work?

I am currently having the same issue. Had the window motor replaced on the driver side today and the keyless entry buttons on the driver AND passenger side don't work anymore. The key fob still works for everything else. The mechanic checked the wire for power and it exists, so we are looking for answers.

Latest posts

Back