2013 CX-9 Front Brakes

beefski

:
2013 CX-9 GT AWD Pearl White / Sand
Im looking for some detailed instructions on replacing the front rotors and pads. I went with raybestos rust preventive coating rotors and raybestos eht pads from rockauto. I have done brakes on other vehicles before but never on my cx 9. Looking for hints/tips of what tools needed, what things to look at, lube up, etc. I have a full complement of tools metric & sae.

Im sure there must be one but I looked and didn't see it.

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

Im looking for some detailed instructions on replacing the front rotors and pads. I went with raybestos rust preventive coating rotors and raybestos eht pads from rockauto. I have done brakes on other vehicles before but never on my cx 9. Looking for hints/tips of what tools needed, what things to look at, lube up, etc. I have a full complement of tools metric & sae.

Im sure there must be one but I looked and didn't see it.

Thanks in advance.

Anthony

Search is your friend:
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123769045-Rotor-replacement/page5

That whole thread is a good source of information, and there is a document you can download on page 5 with step by step instructions.

It is not hard at all, the only difficulty you may face is the rotor retaining bolts can rust so badly they must be drilled out.

jal142, thanks for the link. seems pretty straight forward. i looked at a few you tube vid's too and I'm sure I can tackle it. I'll have to get some lube for the caliper pins and for the backs/shims on the pads. The 2008 CX9 I had, I used Mazda parts and always had trouble. So on the 2013 I have now I'm going aftermarket.

Thanks

Back