Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Thread: Aero Kit & Trunk Spoiler

J3RRY

Mazda3 2018 Touring Sedan

Aero Kit & Trunk Spoiler

I should be picking up my Soul Red 2018 Mazda3 Touring Sedan from the dealership in a few days. :-)

I will be adding a gloss black Aero Kit (front and rear lips and side skirts) and want the trunk spoiler to be gloss black as well.

I can get an Aero Kit from a shop in Thailand for about $750 that is identical to Mazda's $1200+ Aero Kit. I have used them before. Anyone have a better source/price for the Aero Kit?

For the trunk spoiler, should I wrap the stock red one in gloss black vinyl? Or should I have it removed and replaced with a new black one (I can get it for about $40).

Thanks in advance for any helpful input!

2014 Mazda3 S GT auto, 2008 MX5 6-speed

How much closer to the ground will your front end be after the kit is installed? I ask because after I had Eibach springs installed (1-inch drop in front), the front lip scrapes very often unless I am extremely careful. As far as the rear spoiler: How much would the wrap cost? That would be my determining factor.
    2014 3S GT, Deep Crystal Blue, Eibach Pro-Kit, Enkei PF01s, Koni Sports
    2008 MX-5 Touring (Mazdaspeed CAI, HIDs, Progress/Koni Sports/Racing Beat sways, Magnaflow)
    2002 Protege ES (Sold for $1700 with 131,000 miles)

J3RRY

Mazda3 2018 Touring Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by concept View Post
    How much closer to the ground will your front end be after the kit is installed? I ask because after I had Eibach springs installed (1-inch drop in front), the front lip scrapes very often unless I am extremely careful. As far as the rear spoiler: How much would the wrap cost? That would be my determining factor.
    I had the same spoiler kit on my last Mazda3. I do have to be careful turning from the street onto my fairly steep driveway (pulling in at a 45 degree angle works) and when I park up against a curb, so I am familiar with the clearance issue.

As for the spoiler, I just got a wrap quote of $40, which is about the same price of the cheapest one I could buy. Of course then I would have to pay for install, as I don't feel comfortable doing it, and if later I changed my mind, I would have to pay to have them switched again. Looks like the wrap is the way to go, as I won't have to remove anything and just have to take the wrap off if I want to switch back to red at some point.

2014 Mazda3 S GT auto, 2008 MX5 6-speed

I agree, plus you wouldn't have to store an extra spoiler somewhere.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.