Aero Kit & Trunk Spoiler

JerrySF

:
Mazda3 2018 Touring Sedan
I should be picking up my Soul Red 2018 Mazda3 Touring Sedan from the dealership in a few days. :)

I will be adding a gloss black Aero Kit (front and rear lips and side skirts) and want the trunk spoiler to be gloss black as well.

I can get an Aero Kit from a shop in Thailand for about $750 that is identical to Mazda's $1200+ Aero Kit. I have used them before. Anyone have a better source/price for the Aero Kit?

For the trunk spoiler, should I wrap the stock red one in gloss black vinyl? Or should I have it removed and replaced with a new black one (I can get it for about $40).

Thanks in advance for any helpful input!

How much closer to the ground will your front end be after the kit is installed? I ask because after I had Eibach springs installed (1-inch drop in front), the front lip scrapes very often unless I am extremely careful. As far as the rear spoiler: How much would the wrap cost? That would be my determining factor.

How much closer to the ground will your front end be after the kit is installed? I ask because after I had Eibach springs installed (1-inch drop in front), the front lip scrapes very often unless I am extremely careful. As far as the rear spoiler: How much would the wrap cost? That would be my determining factor.

I had the same spoiler kit on my last Mazda3. I do have to be careful turning from the street onto my fairly steep driveway (pulling in at a 45 degree angle works) and when I park up against a curb, so I am familiar with the clearance issue.

As for the spoiler, I just got a wrap quote of $40, which is about the same price of the cheapest one I could buy. Of course then I would have to pay for install, as I don't feel comfortable doing it, and if later I changed my mind, I would have to pay to have them switched again. Looks like the wrap is the way to go, as I won't have to remove anything and just have to take the wrap off if I want to switch back to red at some point.

I agree, plus you wouldn't have to store an extra spoiler somewhere.

Back