Mazda6 Sun/heat damage

ZoomZoomBama

:
2017 Mazda 6 Grand Touring
Got a new Mazda6 Grand Touring (2017.5) in February - great car for the $$$, lots of features. However, the black trim panels that separate the door glass have warped TWICE now. Brought it back to the dealership and after an unpleasant discussion got them to replace the trim pieces. 6 days later the new pieces started warping again! Has anyone else had this problem?? Seems absurd the car having these issues, being only 4 months removed from the dealership...

Are you putting anything on the panels? We've had lots of 17.5's on the lot in 100+ degree heat and they are fine

There's a chance that the dealer's "batch" is bad in that the material may be out of specification. Can they order you new ones, instead of taking them out of their inventory?

any pics?

I'm in Arizona. Put it this way. We're gonna get in the 113-115 range this week. It gets hot with more sunny than any other city in the US. My trim pieces are intact. Something tells it isn't heat related.

Nothing - it's too new to put anything on them. Haven't washed the car in the Sun, and nothing else has been damaged. The dealer is getting to know me more than they want to, LOL.

@concept - Great idea, have them ordering me new panels, as they're out of stock currently. Thanks!

any pics?

I'm in Arizona. Put it this way. We're gonna get in the 113-115 range this week. It gets hot with more sunny than any other city in the US. My trim pieces are intact. Something tells it isn't heat related.

No pics, only because I'm not savy enough to post them, sighs. Will be happy to do so when I figure out how to. Be interested in hearing any ideas you may have - getting tired of this. Good luck, hope it doesn't happen to you.

No pics, only because I'm not savvy enough to post them

Settings
Manage Files
Choose File
Upload
After picture is uploaded , click the blue hyperlink
The attached file (picture) should open in a new window
Copy the url
Click the Insert Image button
Copy and Paste URL
Done

Back