Thinking of buying a CX-5 but I have some questions first.

Looks like a nice place to visit. No way I'd want to live there.
"Dahling, I love you but give me Park Avenue!"

How are the chickens doing, Uno?

They are doing great.
[video]https://video-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.3356-2/37314461_1748572395225095_5633854881999783982_n.mp 4/video-1531959607.mp4?_nc_cat=0&vabr=2135114&oh=001d5febde50b4a6ff4bb64bbc98d99a&oe=5B581520&dl=1[/video]

Uno, you really know how to enjoy your life at such a young age! (cool)

Thanks. I had a long list of grievances as a child. Stuff I whined about. Stuff I felt like I should have. When I was 17, I realized that it was on ME to provide it for myself. So I've began checking items off of my list, one by one.

Eh, no way I'd live around people. We've probably seen different worlds though, and that makes us who we are.
Exactly. [emoji106]
Wife grew up in Amish Country. She couldn't wait to GTFO. And me? I like being able to walk to the store.

Hi everyone,

So an update: We haven't bought a new car yet (CX-5 or other). We might just put money into our old car (thinking about it, I bet it can last another two years or so).

Wait until the 2019 RAV4 comes out (November probably). I think that would be the best non-luxury small SUV. Although CX-5 still has a prettier exterior.
Hi everyone,

So an update: We haven't bought a new car yet (CX-5 or other). We might just put money into our old car (thinking about it, I bet it can last another two years or so).

Wait until the 2019 RAV4 comes out (November probably). I think that would be the best non-luxury small SUV. Although CX-5 still has a prettier exterior.

Hi everyone,

So we still haven't bought anything new. We are just going to go with the Matrix and the Focus until we need something bigger. We decided that the CX-5 was a bit small and we are waiting to see the 2020/2021 CX-7 (we assume this will be about the size of the Ford Edge - seats 5 but bigger).

Hi everyone,

So we still haven't bought anything new. We are just going to go with the Matrix and the Focus until we need something bigger. We decided that the CX-5 was a bit small and we are waiting to see the 2020/2021 CX-7 (we assume this will be about the size of the Ford Edge - seats 5 but bigger).

Id at least drive a cx5 signature and/or GTR. You might really like it. Total outlier in this class. Otherwise, might as well do as you plan.

Hi everyone,

Or get a Toyota Yaris iA / Mazda2 like I did which is a great little car with 38 combined real-world mpg to boot.

"-Cylinder deactivation: It sounds very good in theory. My question is, at what speed during highway driving does cylinder deactivation kick in and how fast can you go before the cylinder deactivation kicks off (not talking about accelerating fast, just pure highway driving). For example, can I do 75mph/120kph on the highway in cruise control and cylinder deactivation kicks in? Or is it only at lower highway speeds?"

I don't know about the new models, but my '16 GT AWD handled cruise control at 100 mph in Utah.

"-Cylinder deactivation: It sounds very good in theory. My question is, at what speed during highway driving does cylinder deactivation kick in and how fast can you go before the cylinder deactivation kicks off (not talking about accelerating fast, just pure highway driving). For example, can I do 75mph/120kph on the highway in cruise control and cylinder deactivation kicks in? Or is it only at lower highway speeds?"

I don't know about the new models, but my '16 GT AWD handled cruise control at 100 mph in Utah.

On my Jeep Grand Cherokee, 80mph was the cutoff, roughly. I think on the CX5 it's a lot lower.

Back