What are these?

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
I took the bumper off to mount the MSP front lip and was wondering:
What are these connectors and the black things under the headlights?
vPdtyLQl.jpg

2cvuvP1l.jpg
zxpgIdjl.jpg

CZrFO0Cl.jpg

While you're there, remove the ground points and give them a good clean. You'll probably find surface rust starting to build up under there.

Also those headlights are pretty hazy. The bulbs inside should be just as sharp in the image as the body is. At that point a lot of the light they generate is going to scatter out of the beam, making it dimmer. Assuming that isn't just dirt, there are a variety of kits to clean these up. If some sort of protective coating isn't applied in the last step the treatments will only last a short time and then they will haze again.

My experience: Sylvania kit with coating lasted three years on my Honda's headlights. Then they hazed a little. Light polish
cleaned them up again. Periodic scrubbing with detergent and then (re)application of Blue Magic Headlight Sealant has kept them pretty clear ever since. Downside of that product is that it is an oil and it blows back onto the hood leaving an ugly sort of grease mark above the headlights. It also seems to attract dirt. At least it comes off with a good washing with detergent. Might not be a good choice in locations where it rains a lot. In S. California lately that isn't us, so it works OK.

While you're there, remove the ground points and give them a good clean. You'll probably find surface rust starting to build up under there.
Might as well while the bumper is off and I still have a few more things to do while its off

Also those headlights are pretty hazy. The bulbs inside should be just as sharp in the image as the body is. At that point a lot of the light they generate is going to scatter out of the beam, making it dimmer. Assuming that isn't just dirt, there are a variety of kits to clean these up. If some sort of protective coating isn't applied in the last step the treatments will only last a short time and then they will haze again.

My experience: Sylvania kit with coating lasted three years on my Honda's headlights. Then they hazed a little. Light polish
cleaned them up again. Periodic scrubbing with detergent and then (re)application of Blue Magic Headlight Sealant has kept them pretty clear ever since. Downside of that product is that it is an oil and it blows back onto the hood leaving an ugly sort of grease mark above the headlights. It also seems to attract dirt. At least it comes off with a good washing with detergent. Might not be a good choice in locations where it rains a lot. In S. California lately that isn't us, so it works OK.

I've been meaning to, but since one is all cracked, I was just gonna get 2 new ones

Back