2017~2024 Door locks making extra noise

rhojos14

:
2017 CX-5
I'm at about 13K miles on my 2017 and the door locks have started making some extra whirring sounds, especially when unlocking. It's pretty noticeable. Mainly happens on the doors but I've also noticed it with the hatch when closing, I just don't open/close the hatch as much. I've tried looking at the locks and making sure there's nothing caught in them or anything else weird but nothing seems out of the ordinary. Has anyone else noticed this on their Gen 2s? I'll be taking it in to the dealership soon if this persists.

My 13 CX-5 has no noise. My 2016 Mazda6 has that noise. I keep forgetting to advise the dealership to resolve it. Probably needs some grease.

Had the noise in my 14 and warranty replaced a couple of them. Now have a third one making a noise once in while, but warranty over. Gets worse when it's cold out. Lock still works just makes noise.

2018 model here, auto lock when commencing driving and auto unlock when engine turned off is very quiet here.

Mine 2014 bas making this noise for a while now. Sad to hear that a 2017 still has the same issues.

Mine made that noise at one point and then it stopped after a while. It comes and goes but haven't had that noise in a while. My 2014 Mazda 3 also made that noise when I lock/unlock sometimes. I've gotten accustomed to it so it doesn't bother me much now. Haven't had any issues with the locking mechanisms other than the noise.

I have this problem on both 2015 and 2016.5, and surprisingly on 2nd gen 2018 too (during a test drive for the latter). Good to know that at least some 2018s are OK, thanks Xeler8ing for the info.

On my 2016.5 I occasionally tried locking & unlocking ALL four doors repeatedly, in rapid succession, using the physical button on driverr's side door, not using remote. After some 30 times or more the problem went away, but only to come back days later. Someone on this forum has posted a video demonstrating the noise a few years ago, but I can't find it.

To clarify the problem I'm having are on the 4 side doors. Also it's interesting that the noise is heard right AFTER a door is successfully locked or unlocked (most of the problems were with unlocking). The noise lasts for about a second.

I've had that noise on my 2014 6. I had them replace it under warranty and after a while the noise came back although it's a slightly different pitch. Always the same door... Rear drivers side.

Back