Cx-5 2017 ac

Did a little test this morning. Turned AC to Max. Couldn't leave it like that for more then a few minutes. Freezing my balls off.
It was only 70 out but... Ice cold.
We already know Unobtains car is a lemon. [emoji39]

No, I think I'm just used to better, and so it always let's me down in all the little ways, but it is a great appliance and I love it in spite of it being a cheap beater, or maybe because it is?

Funny, I've always had to turn AC off when I needed better acceleration. I hope this does actually happen on the CX-5. Anyone have any documentation on this "feature"?

Supposedly my TransAm cut off the compressor, but I had a few highways runs with another F body and manually turning the AC off resulted in better performance.

I think it’s also the glass. I can leave the shade open on the GTI and I don’t feel like heat from the sun is radiating on me. In the CX-5 we do and it ends up shut a lot.

I also noticed this on the side glass before we tinted much more than other vehicles I’ve owned. On Fords it actually says solar guard or something to that effect on the glass.

I don’t think Mazda is using that and as a result there is a lot more heat gain to fight off and also it does seem like a slightly lower capacity system that my GTI and ST had.

However it’s better than what was in the Fiesta it replaced. I wouldn’t call it rubbish but it’s just not best in class in this regard.

Also probably worth adding a buddy of mine has an Outback and the ac in the CX-5 does seem to work a little better than that.

My Z06 was bang-on. But thanks for almost making me choke on my steak in laughter. I totally only saw what I highlighted in red, and I misread it, rofl!
10:30 am steak? Manly man right here, folks. [emoji1]

I have no complaints with the heat though it’s better than everything I’ve owned aside from the turbo cars with water cooled exhaust, not really a fair comparison, at warm up time and even in double digit negative temps had no problem keeping the cabin warm.

My Z06 was bang-on. But thanks for almost making me choke on my steak in laughter. I totally only saw what I highlighted in red, and I misread it, rofl!

See it's just a matter of a man's priorities. Eat steak for breakfast, and drive a cheap appliance.
Whatever floats your boat.

I found that if you don’t try to use the dual controls, it works a lot better. On hot, my heater is so hot, if I set the air out of the centre vents, I can’t hold my hand there for more than about 10 seconds. The same for full cold. However, even setting the controls near to each other, any amount of blending causes mediocre performance.

Back