Cx-5 2017 ac

I've noticed when you get on the gas pedal the AC turns a little warmer until you let the pedal go or get up to speed.

Redirects all unnecessary power to help with acceleration. Hence warm air would come out of the system for a bit until things return to normal.

Been this way for years for pretty much all makes and models

Funny, I've always had to turn AC off when I needed better acceleration. I hope this does actually happen on the CX-5. Anyone have any documentation on this "feature"?

Undocumented feature aka unspoken industry standard

You want to feel hot, come to the mid-atlantic states in July when the temp is 95 and the humidity is in the high 70's. AZ and Nevada heat is dry. Hell I've been in Nevada when the outside temp was 118 and it felt like it was in the 70's here.

I lived in Phoenix with 115F heat and then I visited Chicago when it was mid 90's and insane mid 60's Dew Point. I would rather take the 115F desert dry heat over 90's and very high dew points. I was drenched in sweat in Chicago and I could not cool off. It was horrible.

You want to feel hot, come to the mid-atlantic states in July when the temp is 95 and the humidity is in the high 70's. AZ and Nevada heat is dry. Hell I've been in Nevada when the outside temp was 118 and it felt like it was in the 70's here.

That’s okay. I’ve spent time in Manila, Singapore, KL and Bangkok. Stepping out from the air conditioned building into the midday heat is a shock, plus the instant sweat.

Doing some reading, most household air conditioners seem to have an outdoor dry bulb operational range of -9C to 46C (15.8F to 114.8F). Anything colder or warmer means the unit won't function as intended.

I presume some sort or temperature range also applies to car climate control (air conditioning) systems (uhm)

Doing some reading, most household air conditioners seem to have an outdoor dry bulb operational range of -9C to 46C (15.8F to 114.8F). Anything colder or warmer means the unit won't function as intended.

I presume some sort or temperature range also applies to car climate control (air conditioning) systems (uhm)

I’ve seen that as well. In some climates where the temps were very hot, I was happy to have the house at 80F with lower humidity when temp outside was above 100 with 70%+ humidity. Air movement was key as well.

I’d suppose a heavier unit would be the norm in those climates like in the Outback or Western Australia.

I enjoy my Western Washington State (US) temps. Not complaining with it now being summer and currently 69.3 F (20.72 C). That being said my '15 CX-5 AC works as well as my other cars from Toyota/Lexus and Infiniti/Nissan.

I’ve seen that as well. In some climates where the temps were very hot, I was happy to have the house at 80F with lower humidity when temp outside was above 100 with 70%+ humidity. Air movement was key as well.

I’d suppose a heavier unit would be the norm in those climates like in the Outback or Western Australia.
Indeed

Here in Central Florida it is 90 degrees + for 6 months a year. We have 2 x 2017 CX-5s and the A/C is excellent. We have to turn it down or freeze our butts off.

Back