Cx-5 2017 ac

We are in Arizona for my kid's baseball tournament... It is super hot here (see pic). AC is working great, after about 10 minutes on max, we need to lower the fan speed as it is too cold in the car.
10072.jpg

Remember that's the temperature around the car. Actual air temperature would be different

As per my above comment, have you made sure ECO mode is off (uhm)

ECO mode does reduce cooling/heating performance.
Theres no ECO mode for AC in US/Canadian CX-5 even with Automatic Climate Control / dual-zone system.

Hi, I bought my cx-5 last year and I used the ac for te first time last week.
Is it me or the Ac on this car is absolutely rubbish. Even at max it doesnt do a good job at all.
I went to the dealer and they said that everything is ok.

After 10-15 minutes with the ac on at max, you should be freezing.

Thank you

CX5 just has bad HVAC. It blows from all vents at once, in varying degrees, no-matter what the vent selection dial is set on. It's just "meh" all the way around. Similar in performance to my 1988 Mustang GT was back in 2005-ish. Deal with it or buy a nicer car, basically.

PS. Wait until you get to winter and try to use the heat, ROFL!

CX5 just has bad HVAC. It blows from all vents at once, in varying degrees, no-matter what the vent selection dial is set on. It's just "meh" all the way around. Similar in performance to my 1988 Mustang GT was back in 2005-ish. Deal with it or buy a nicer car, basically.

I think yours is a demic. My AC is very good and the heater is brilliant.

Did a little test yesterday. Outside temp was 68 The air coming out of the central vent was oscillating between 37 and 41 fahrenheit.

Speak for yourself. My heater is awesome. My AC just needs servicing which will bring it back to its freeze out performance.

I don't have the dual climate control, it doesn't go out of all vents.

One thing should be noted from OP's first post - "I bought my cx-5 last year and I used the ac for te first time last week."

Could be that since the system was stagnant for such a long time, maybe the gas/hose/mechanics are not working properly.

I remember years ago being told to turn on the A/C at least once a month to let it run so the hoses, gas, compressor etc operate as they should if the A/C unit is not used during normal driving during that month.
It had to have been run, it's tied in to the defrosters, but you're right on the other part. If the system isn't run the seals in the compressor dry up from lack of lubrication from the compressor oil and the freon will seep out

Did a little test yesterday. Outside temp was 68 The air coming out of the central vent was oscillating between 37 and 41 fahrenheit.
Did a little test this morning. Turned AC to Max. Couldn't leave it like that for more then a few minutes. Freezing my balls off.
It was only 70 out but... Ice cold.
We already know Unobtains car is a lemon. [emoji39]

I leave mine in the sun on days where it is well over 100 degrees out. Interior temps approach 140-150. It's comfortable in under 2 minutes.

I’ve had no issues with the ac nor the heat in our ‘17.

116 is getting up there. At a certain point it’s just plain hot whether you are in Phoenix, Bangkok, or the Sandpit.

AC works fine for me but definitely not the strongest I’ve used. It’s never failed to cool the car down though. For heat it also is fine once warmed up which is reasonably quick. Not as fast as the turbo cars I’ve owned with water cooled exhaust. However it’s definitely better than most other cars I’ve owned aside from the turbos which heat up extremely quickly.

I've noticed when you get on the gas pedal the AC turns a little warmer until you let the pedal go or get up to speed.

That’s something most cars do to help acceleration.

Funny, I've always had to turn AC off when I needed better acceleration. I hope this does actually happen on the CX-5. Anyone have any documentation on this "feature"?

I’ve had no issues with the ac nor the heat in our ‘17.

116 is getting up there. At a certain point it’s just plain hot whether you are in Phoenix, Bangkok, or the Sandpit.

You want to feel hot, come to the mid-atlantic states in July when the temp is 95 and the humidity is in the high 70's. AZ and Nevada heat is dry. Hell I've been in Nevada when the outside temp was 118 and it felt like it was in the 70's here.

Back