Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.
Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazda Dealership Breaking my Car More than Fixing it

2002 mazda protege 5

Did you ever get your T-belt timing corrected ??
    The Diagram Dude

Registered Member

2003 Mazda Protege5

I dropped it back off and they replaced the valve cover gasket (should have been done in the first place IMO) but the car runs a little rough when it wants (if I'm at a light the rpms will jump a few hundred and then jump up and stable itself at like ~800). I asked if they checked it, and they said it was fine, but I know they didn't check.
    I'm starting to think there's a massive vacuum leak, so whenever I get the chance I'll look around, but for now, the car is drivable. Thanks for everything, but one more thing!
    Do you happen to have a diagram of all of the vacuum lines running through the car?
    2003 Sunburst Yellow Mazda Protege5
    Follow my instagram @another_yellowp5

Mods List
    Interior
    - JVC head unit
    -Sound Ordinance Sub woofer
    Exterior
    -WeatherTech Rain Guards
    Performance
    -HKS axle back
    -MP3 Flashed ECU

2002 mazda protege 5

An easy way to check for a vacuum leak is to spray around the engine compartment with carb cleaner. If the rpms go up, there is a leak.

You may want to clean your IAC,.. It's responsible for idling the engine and can get fouled.

Don't forget about the relearning process the car goes through once your cars battery is disconnected.
    It needs to relearn how to idle the car and runs all rough until it gets it figured out.
    It takes about 100 miles to get it figured out.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2003 Mazda Protege5

You are a life saver! I will probably pick up a can of brake clean and seafoam to get everything done later this week.
    I'll have to do some research on how to clean and remove the IAC (I don't know how many miles I've put on the car, but it can't be any as I only drive to work and it's like 3 miles each way), but you are a lifesaver with the diagrams. Thank you so much!
    Last edited by Gabe710; 07-13-2018 at 03:59 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2002 mazda protege 5

Your car might be fine. It may only need more time to sort out the idle issue.
    Chances are that they disconnected the battery at the dealership,.. You are supposed to.
    My car runs like crap after the battery is disconnected. It will stumble and almost stall and the rpms are all over the place.

2002 mazda protege 5

If you do remove your IAC, (which I don't think you'll need to) you need to remove a bunch of screws to get it apart to clean it.
    The screws look like a Phillips head but they are a JIS head so you my want to get the proper screwdriver so you've got the best chance of getting them out without stripping them.
    Apparently the screws are made out of cheese lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12