Where did you get best price for Mazda Extended Confidence / Warranty?

I am thinking of purchasing the Mazda Extended Confidence warranty/plan. Since this can be used at any Mazda dealer, it makes sense to purchase this from _any_ Mazda dealer that can give the lowest price. The best I've been able to find is online here, through Werner Mazda
https://www.buywarranty.com/w/MazdaNH?wid=1&wid=1&wid=1

I am interested in the options at 100K miles. Their cost is:
Price Years Miles Deductible
$1,315 9 100,000 100
$1,645 9 100,000 0
$1,268 8 100,000 100
$1,566 8 100,000 0
$1,198 7 100,000 100
$1,450 7 100,000 0
$1,124 6 100,000 100
$1,326 6 100,000 0
$1,069 5 100,000 100
$1,232 5 100,000 0

Has anyone done better price wise? Could you specify the dealer you purchased from if you got better pricing so I can purchase through them as well?

$1,315 9 100,000 100

Gee how much is one LED Headlight replacement again..??

Me, I’d go after that one...

Being that is a factory extended warranty, I would think it’s a set price from any dealer.. any one else know?..

Its not a set price at all. Decline it and see how fast they drop the price,again and again...
I wouldnt buy it for $500,but to each their own...

Really, I would have thought they would be set price since it’s a factory ( or Dealer ) Extended warranty..

Do you have first hand experience in negotiating your extended warranty with your Mazda dealer.?

My advice: Find the MSRP. Start negotiating from 50% off.
That is, if you really want it.

$1,315 9 100,000 100

Me, I’d go after that one...

Being that is a factory extended warranty, I would think it’s a set price from any dealer.. any one else know?..

Woah that's a really good price. Where from again? Direct from Mazda or at dealer? That price severely undercuts some 3rd party stuff offered by dealer finance departments.

It’s not a set price at all. Decline it and see how fast they drop the price,again and again...
I wouldn’t buy it for $500,but to each their own...

Declining (at least initially) is always your best bet on negotiating warranties.

Anyone have the full terms of that the Mazda Total Confidence warranty covers? Covers nearly all the same parts and components covered under Mazda's CPO Vehicle Limited Warranty. Vague statement from Mazda site.

I'm curious how far below $1645 I can shop around for to have $0 9 Year / 100K Miles coverage for our 2017 AWD GT with PP.

The profit margin on ext warranty is about 50%.
i.e. if the MSRP is $2000 for 7yr/100K, dealer's cost is around $1000.
If you get it for $1100, that is a decent deal.
Again, if you really want it.
For me, I don't buy ext warranty for Japanese cars.
I bought it for my BMW. It was very problematic, and even that I did not fully recover my cost.
You need to read the terms and conditions carefully. Most tear and wear items are not covered.... e.g. coolant pipes, suspension, belt, etc. (not sure about gaskets)

Your call. This is really a financial decision.
Some like it well planned, and others like to take calculated risk.

The profit margin on ext warranty is about 50%.
i.e. if the MSRP is $2000 for 7yr/100K, dealer's cost is around $1000.
If you get it for $1100, that is a decent deal.
Again, if you really want it.
For me, I don't buy ext warranty for Japanese cars.
I bought it for my BMW. It was very problematic, and even that I did not fully recover my cost.
You need to read the terms and conditions carefully. Most tear and wear items are not covered.... e.g. coolant pipes, suspension, belt, etc. (not sure about gaskets)

Your call. This is really a financial decision.
Some like it well planned, and others like to take calculated risk.

Purchased Fidelity Warranty through dealership one time. Never used it.

I heard good things about Geico's Extended warranty plan though. From what I read on forums the cost is reasonable and extends 7 years through 100k miles.

So this is my first Mazda which was purchased about ten months ago and looking at what is posted here and checking for dealers selling a Mazda "authorized" or manufacturers extended warranty, it seems that Mazda farms it out to Warrantech? Every other manufacturer that I have purchased an extended warranty from was from the actual company ie Ford, Chrysler, Honda... There was no third party involved. Has anyone bought the extended warranty at time of purchase? Is it through Warrantech or Mazda corporation I wonder. My wife had a third party warranty on one of her vehicles once and it was always a PIA when dealing with them and the car dealership.

My wife had a third party warranty on one of her vehicles once and it was always a PIA when dealing with them and the car dealership.

Seems to be true of almost all extended warranties, regardless of product/company. I don't think any of them are worth it.

Note also that, 3rd party one requires *pre-approval*. That means inconvenience on your end.
Factory one is definitely better in that regard.

I have not had that problem with my vehicles that I purchased a manufacturers warranty. I haven't had that many claims though. I'm just confused about Mazda's extended.

I had my dealer add in one additional year warranty on the 2018 CX-9 GT I just bought as part of closing the deal. The extended service contract is with a company called West Coast Assurance? I admit I did not do a lot of research on this as the car has it's new 3 year coverage and this was just a sweetener that I didn't pay for but now I am wondering how good this coverage will be if needed. I did not get much paperwork with it. Just the signed contract and the term of the coverage.

My question is does the new contract usurp the regular factory warranty or does it just kick in when the regular coverage expires. I think I asked the salesperson and don't remember getting a real answer.

i believe there are different plans for the mazda confidence extended warranty.
What i DO like about the extended warranty is the fact that if you decide to trade your car or sell it, they will pro-rate your refund.

$1,315 9 100,000 100

Me, Id go after that one...

Being that is a factory extended warranty, I would think its a set price from any dealer.. any one else know?..

Not a set price at all and totally negotiable. Dealer that sold me the car came down to "best and final" @$1,429 after a few back-n-forths from a $1900+ starting point. Email and phone shopped the same list of multiple dealers I used for the car's purchase and below is the winning bid's confirmation email after one simple phone call for quote:

Per Our Conversation, 9 year or 100,000, 100 deductible cost for you is $1276 plus tax. If you decide to go through with it send me a copy of your drivers license and I can print up the warranty contract. Thanks!

Thank you!
Zach

Zach Heisler
Business Manager
Lancaster Mazda
zheisler@lancastermazda.com

Didn't have to send him anything as I drive right past this particular dealer everyday. In-n-out in 15 minutes. Easy money for them and they likely still made @$400, since, after this purchase the biz manager where I bought the car called a week later asking if I was still interested in the MEC for @@1429. Said already got it elsewhere. Disappointed she immediately wanted my business, contacted the GM, and went to $800 (assuming this is cost or very near to it) to keep me "happy". Happy would have been $1000 best-n-final the day I bought the car. Too late, a deal's a deal, I was done with this particular car buying exercise. There would have been aggravation and inconvenience on my part to cancel it with the dealer I purchased from and re-buying from the other. It is doable, even if the seller says it isn't.

Best and final clearly wasn't best and final after me asking more than once.

Unless you just HAVE to buy a known unreliable vehicle, extended warrantees are a waste of money. See:

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-repair/get-an-extended-warranty-for-your-car/

Ordinarily I would have agreed w/ you (not the CR rag) on this, however, with all of the fickle electronic wizardry in these modern vehicles, one problem with any of it and even a dealer's factory trained tech can chew through a grand in diag time alone in no time. Never bought or shopped for an vehicle extended warranty before this car. I can tell you the one I negotiated with the purchased with my home's heatpump has paid for itself nearly 3x over in the last 9 years...1 year left on it. Learned a lot on this exercise for certain. Mazda's new car MEC has fairly extensive coverage (if you take the time to actually read it, you'll notice) in that it was worth $1200 to me since I mostly keep cars for at least 10 years. Mazda has a completely different MEC for used vehicles. The coverage for those is not worth paying for as most of the high dollar electrical/electronic items aren't covered as they are in the new vehicle MEC.

Back