Sometimes steering wheel favorites buttons only cycle 3 stations

:
2016 CX5 GT
I noticed the other day that sometimes I'll get to a particular radio station and once I advance past that with the >> arrows on the steering wheel, it only cycles through 3 stations. No matter how far << back I press I will only cycle through these three stations.

If I use the rotary knob and select favorites and scroll to the top of the list and select it, then I can cycle through all of my favorites again. Any idea what could be wrong?

Haven't figured it out yet but my 2018 Touring does this. >>> usually go through the list. <<< jump a block of stations in favorites. Tried restoring stations but no luck so far.

It must be a bug in the firmware. Almost like it gets some HD radio signal and then gets confused. When I had SiriusXM trial and used mostly those channels as presets, I never had a problem.

Once I hit a particular station, I only have 3 presets. Prior to hitting that station I can cycle through more. If I use the list and skip past that station, it’s fine.

Ok I resolved this! I saw upon closer inspection I had a station in the list twice, and separated by 3. It was like this
95.7 HD1

So what I think would happen is if I hit >> and got to that second 95.7, the HD signal would kick in and rename it to 95.7 HD1, so it thought I was then back at that top position and if I hit >> again it would just go back to 101.1... basically an infinite loop. I deleted that second 95.7 and now after 93.3 it continues on to the rest of the favorites.

Solved this one for me!

Back