Mazda3 18" OEM wheels on my 2016 CX-5

:
2016 CX-5 Touring
Found a great deal locally, $200 for the whole set, for OEM 17/18 Mazda3 Touring/GT wheels. Will these fit my 2016.5 touring? I currently have the stock 17" wheels. I think they have the same width but slightly different offset, 45mm stock vs 50mm on the Mazda3 ones. Any other issues or things I should consider (eg. weight)?

Also, the listing says they don't come with sensors but I think that's okay for my CX5 (mine use a different type?)

Here's a link to wheel I'm considering: https://www.hubcaphaven.com/p/24462/2018-mazda-3-wheel-smoked-hyper-9965337080.html

Thanks!

Last edited:
$200 is AWFULLY CHEAP for a set of these wheels in good condition. I hope you've done your due diligence! Otherwise, I think it's a great choice, especially if they're in the smoked color. And no, you don't need TPMS sensors because gen 1 CX-5s use an ABS-based TPMS system.

Thanks for your reply. Agreed the deal seems almost too good to be true. What should I inspect/do when I view them? Supposedly they were replaced by aftermarket wheels the first day the car was bought.

They are the smoked/gunmetal color :)

With zero miles should come zero curb rash or any other kind of blemishes. Also eyeball each one for dents/bends in the rim circumference to assure there is no pothole induced damage. Lucky they are local so you can check them out before you buy. Good luck and let us know the outcome. It's a helluva deal if it's as advertised!

Picked up the wheels, they're in perfect condition!

I plan on using 225/60/R18 which should be only 0.1" (0.4%) larger in diameter that stock. It might be a little while till i buy them and have them installed. There's still a good amount of tread life left on my current tires. We'll see how long I hold out!

IMG_20180624_114132.jpg

0.1" is close enuf for government work. What a deal! Was it a private party? Guy must have been crazy!

Yep, Craigslist. He mentioned his wife was going to very happy to get them out of the garage, so... many thanks to his wife!

Back