Miles to Empty not showing correct mileage after filling fuel tank

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 GT
Hello all,
I just filled up my 2016 CX-9 fuel tank and usually it shows around 397 miles to empty. Instead it is showing 290. The gauge shows full but it's just the miles to empty. I have turned the car off and then on but still the same issue. Anyone had this problem and what was the resolution?

Thanks,

No the cars been in the driveway for a few days not driven. First time this has happen since I have owned the cx-9.

I didn't think CX-9s did better than 20mpg in the real world. More like 14-15mpg mixed city/highway from what I've read in threads here.

20mpg + 19 gal tank = 380 miles.

I didn't think CX-9s did better than 20mpg in the real world. More like 14-15mpg mixed city/highway from what I've read in threads here.

I get between 21.5 - 22.0 mpg with 80% city driving.

I have a 2012 CX-9 GT and get 18.5 - 19.5 city driving (Portland, OR, heavy traffic in evening commute, lots of stop and go), 24 - 25 mpg on the open highway. I measure mpg by noting the odometer and trip meter readings on the fuel receipt and doing the math, I don't rely on the onboard computer. My tank is 21 gallons and usually reads 400 to empty after I fill it, I typically fill when the trip meter is around 300 miles, or the fuel gauge gets to 25%/

Back