Constantly failing wheel bearings?

mpkav

:
2015 CX-5 GT
I just got a call from my service centre, where I am in for the 32 month service. I have been hearing a low whirring sound coming from the rear of the vehicle, specifically when coasting. The service department indicated that the passenger side rear bearing needs to be replaced (covered under my extended, third party, warranty). What concerns me is that I had all the wheel bearings replaced at the 12 month mark due to faulty parts, which was covered by the base Mazda warranty. Does this car just eat wheel bearings, or is it more specific to driving habits and conditions? I went from driving 20,000 to 25,000 km a year at the start down to about 7,500 km starting a year and a half ago.

I just got a call from my service centre, where I am in for the 32 month service. I have been hearing a low whirring sound coming from the rear of the vehicle, specifically when coasting. The service department indicated that the passenger side rear bearing needs to be replaced (covered under my extended, third party, warranty). What concerns me is that I had all the wheel bearings replaced at the 12 month mark due to faulty parts, which was covered by the base Mazda warranty. Does this car just eat wheel bearings, or is it more specific to driving habits and conditions? I went from driving 20,000 to 25,000 km a year at the start down to about 7,500 km starting a year and a half ago.

I know it's not the same but my old S-10 had 8 sets of front wheel bearings. When I sold it, it needed it's 9th set. I find once you do wheel bearings once, you're stuck doing more. It's like breaking the seal to pee.

I would guess that the 1st replaced bearing was defective or installed incorrectly. This is the first wheel bearing replacement I've heard of on any Mazda. Ed

... I find once you do wheel bearings once, you're stuck doing more. It's like breaking the seal to pee.
Usually because the replacement parts are not OEM. They are .... aftermarket replacement parts. Unless you go to Mazda dealers. Even that, you need to check and make sure they don't go cheap on you.
Yes, improper seal also causes premature failure in bearings.

Back