CX-9 Software Update from 2016 to 2018 changes

:
2015 Mazda 3
Our 2016 CX-9 had the software upgraded at the dealer when they were troubleshooting our power loss issue which turned out to be failure of the fuel pump at 34,500 miles.

After getting the car back, we've noticed some changes in the software.

Good noticed so far: The radar cruise control works much better - smoother acceleration and braking, and so far (hope this continues) it's not performing unexpected emergency braking.

Disappointments so far: HUD no longer has the option to show the tachometer, not sure why.

Have others observed changes in the 2016 to 2018 software on the CX-9?

Last edited:
Our 2016 CX-9 had the software upgraded at the dealer when they were troubleshooting our power loss issue which turned out to be failure of the fuel pump at 34,500 miles.

After getting the car back, we've noticed quite a few changes in the software, some good and some a bit disappointing.

Good noticed so far: The radar cruise control works much better - smoother acceleration and braking, and so far (hope this continues) it's not performing unexpected emergency braking.

Disappointments so far: HUD no longer has the option to show the tachometer (why?); Cruise control no longer has the ability to change "modes" from radar cruise control to standard cruise (without radar). The mode button no longer seems to work. When I'm driving on the highway, I want to turn off the radar cruise and just have it maintain speed so I can pass other cars without the radar slowing down my car as I approach a car I want to pass.

Has others observed changes in the 2016 to 2018 software on the CX-9? Is there a way for me to de-activate the radar function of the cruise control?

Did you try to press and hold the mode button until it changes to the standard cruise control?

Thanks Atxyde. Holding the mode button changes it between standard and radar cruise in the 2018 software - thanks! In the 2016 software it was just a press (no hold).

Back