Recently bought a 1998 Protege DX

4bits

:
Mazda Protege DX
Hi

First time mazda owner

Thought it would be a good idea to join this forum as I like to do most routine maintenance myself. I bought the Chiltons book but seems like it could use a few more pics in certain areas.

Anyways, car seems to run well and just clocked over 81k miles. Door fit is factory spec so they close w/a reassuring "thunck". Replaced 2 dry rotted tires and checked brake innings. All looks good

Will ask questions about routine maintenance in the coming weeks

Love the 29 mpg city (dance) in a 4- door to boot

e69227bf82ba5c684eb5b429a08181e8.jpg

Yours looks nice

Since I took my pic, I got some color matched paint from Sherwin Williams to paint my bumper. Just waiting for the rain to move out

Got some paint from Sherwin-Williams and painted front bumper today I will post pics up later

Great little cars... my wife's first new car was a '96 Protege LX 1.5L. We sold it back in 2007 with around 120K miles. I happened to do a VIN search a few months back and noticed vehicle had ended up in a local Pull-A-Part yard. I had to see how many miles it ended up so paid the fee and went in. It was just shy of 275K miles. That is a more than respectable service life in my book,

Great little cars... my wife's first new car was a '96 Protege LX 1.5L. We sold it back in 2007 with around 120K miles. I happened to do a VIN search a few months back and noticed vehicle had ended up in a local Pull-A-Part yard. I had to see how many miles it ended up so paid the fee and went in. It was just shy of 275K miles. That is a more than respectable service life in my book,

Was thinking of buying a JDM sticker for my car window but then I read up about them and theyre engines for domestic use in Japan is that right? My US Mazda protg would not have a JDM engine in it would it?

Did a considerable amount of overspray when painting because I neglected to simply throw an old sheet over the hood. Wet sanded it yesterday and now will wash and apply polishing compound. Hope that removes the sanding swirls

Waxed it for the first time today. Took me so long because I bought color match paint for the bumper and that took a while to do and was frustrating and Ive been working a lot and the weather has not been good

ef582dcd6b350ff2a9aef23812dfdc89.jpg

2fc64ab64dad7b0bd2abb508ca4328f3.jpg

Back