Spark plug wires?

I know there’s a post for which spark plugs we should run in our cars, Are the Denso Plug wires on rockauto.com any good?

Last edited:
I went with NGK too.

Mazda recommends NGK plugs, I'm sure they're OK with NGK wires as well.

With the 1.8 coils and the ZFR long reach plugs it seems a bit smoother compared to oem and BKR plugs........

I have used the Denso wires, have not had any issues with them.

I know they are cheap on Rockauto, and you might be worried about them, but they work fine on my P5. I also use the long reach plugs, NGK V Power ZFR5F - 11, and I noticed a slight difference for the better when I was using the US motor.

I did have an issue a while back with the NGK wires, the boot that connects the cylinder 1 and 3 wires to the coils did not have a tight seal. I verified the part number on the box, but maybe the wires were misplaced in the wrong box somehow.

They made me nervous, so I put the old ones back on, returned the NGK's to Advance Auto Parts, and bought the Denso's off of RockAuto. I have purchased two other sets since.

Denso or NGK are both fine. Have used both on all my Toyotas, Mazdas, Hondas over the decades...........but if they didn't fit right I'd go with something that does fit right too..............

I have used the Denso wires, have not had any issues with them.

I know they are cheap on Rockauto, and you might be worried about them, but they work fine on my P5. I also use the long reach plugs, NGK V Power ZFR5F - 11, and I noticed a slight difference for the better when I was using the US motor.

I did have an issue a while back with the NGK wires, the boot that connects the cylinder 1 and 3 wires to the coils did not have a tight seal. I verified the part number on the box, but maybe the wires were misplaced in the wrong box somehow.

They made me nervous, so I put the old ones back on, returned the NGK's to Advance Auto Parts, and bought the Denso's off of RockAuto. I have purchased two other sets since.

Awesome, thank you! I was looking at the Denso thinking for that cheap how could they be any good? That’s why I posted this post, I knew someone had to use them! So thanks for sharing your experience since you actually used them! Really appreciated.

Last edited:
Back