2016+ CX-9 Head Up Display HUD no longer showing RPM

:
2015 Mazda 3
Just curious if anyone else has noticed this. Our 2016 CX-9 went into the dealer to replace the fuel pump, and as part of the service they upgraded the vehicle software. After that I no longer seem to have the option to display the tachometer in the Head Up Display.

Any reason why they felt it was a "safety" reason? It certainly wasn't a distraction in the HUD. It seems to me it's better to have it in the HUD than having to look down at the Tach.

Is there a All-in-one AIO modification option that can restore the Tachometer in the HUD? Thanks.

there was a way to have "saved" the HUD and it was to have programmed it to the seat memory function

Any reason why they felt it was a "safety" reason? It certainly wasn't a distraction in the HUD. It seems to me it's better to have it in the HUD than having to look down at the Tach.

Is there a All-in-one AIO modification option that can restore the Tachometer in the HUD? Thanks.

I haven't seen any tweaks for this in the AIO forums. Maybe it is possible if the update only modified the HUD settings in the Infotainment. Here is another thread talking about this: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123862946-No-more-tachometer-in-the-Heads-Up-Display-(active-driving-display)

I call bulls*** on the safety thing, it was removed to make the system more stable, probably a memory issue i suspect. No crashes since they removed it....

I call bulls*** on the safety thing, it was removed to make the system more stable, probably a memory issue i suspect. No crashes since they removed it....

We can speculate all we want about the reason behind Mazda's decision to remove the tach from the HUD but IMO, I don't think the tach it's necessary or essential to be displayed in the HUD. I mean, this is a family car with an automatic transmission after all. Maybe in a car like a BMW M, or any other performance car makes more sense. I like to see the HUD display, I always use the nav to see the street and arrows in the HUD, even for going home, but my wife doesn't like it at all. She says is too distracting and always turn it off before driving away.

I haven't been on this forum in a while...but anyway, it's been like 2 years since they decided to removed the tach from the HUD. The workaround was to save it to one of your seat memory and then, you're able to recall it. In my case, I don't use the tach b/c I rather have the extra navigation features show up on the HUD than seeing the tach, so I saved it to Seat Memory #2 on my daily keyfob. Seat Memory #1, does not have it.

I suggest trying different seat memory and see if it shows up. Also try the spare Key Fob.

Regarding "Safety", it is my opinion that Mazda is t he worst company when it comes to produce infotainment systems (or get them from 3rd parties). The system is riddle with so many bugs that are the result of pure laziness and improper testing. Amateurs in a fraction of the budget and time can put out a more reliable and intuitive system than what Mazda has given us. To begin with, they didn't remove the Tach per se..they just removed the menu option. It's still present which is why I can still access it by changing my seat memory.

The implementation that makes the most sense to me is that the Tach, should've come on by default when you switch into Sports mode since you are prioritizing performance in sports mode. Anyway, I'm not sure what their logic was, but I can assure you it's complete BS. Having driven dozen of models of rental cars for my job, I can tell you with confidence that Mazda has the worst infotainment system out there. It's laggy, feels slow, phones take forever to connect. It's hands down the worst feature of this car.

Back