E-Brake and dead battery

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
Does anybody know if the electric parking brake will disengage if the battery is dead?

Was thinking if the CX-5 had to be moved for a jump, say the front was parked against a wall and you wanted to back it up so the other car could get close.

No, once the battery is dead, you have to go through an EPB "forced" release procedure to release the EPB which is almost impossible for an average person to do in the garage. The easier way is to get a good quality extra long jump cable to jump-start the dead CX-5 in the situation you described.

Electric parking brake forced release procedure

I have had my car parked on a slight slope and after engaging electric hand brake I shut off the car and removed the negative terminal of the battery to change my tweeter and the car stayed put on the slope. After reconnecting the battery everything (besides the radio presets and Hud display choices) worked just fine. There was no need to reset or calibrate the auto window shut and open mechanism. Don't know if there is a difference between the 2016 and 2017 models.

Guess I'll get used to just engaging the parking brake if I'm on an incline otherwise it stays off.

Back