Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2nd Generation CX-9: Dashcam installation

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Updated original posts. Do not run the cable across the A-pillar if you choose to use the 12v socket on the passenger side for power. Doing so means that the cable crosses over the side curtain airbag, which can interfere with the deployment of the airbag if it is triggered. Refer here for instructions on running the cable properly.
    Today I moved the dashcam power cable from the headliner to the windshield side of the passenger A-pillar. It moves down, then across the bottom of the A-pillar to the underside of the passenger door weather stripping. Should be good here, correct? Thanks

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitwolf View Post
    Today I moved the dashcam power cable from the headliner to the windshield side of the passenger A-pillar. It moves down, then across the bottom of the A-pillar to the underside of the passenger door weather stripping. Should be good here, correct? Thanks
    Yep, should be fine there as long as it doesn't cross over the pink airbag. Even if you choose not to hide the wire behind the A-pillar, as long as the wire crosses the bottom of the A-pillar, it's all good.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Yep, should be fine there as long as it doesn't cross over the pink airbag. Even if you choose not to hide the wire behind the A-pillar, as long as the wire crosses the bottom of the A-pillar, it's all good.
    Great, thank you!

Registered Member
    Approved Merchant Member

Quote Originally Posted by philw66 View Post
    Follow up...

Received the cable today.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Installation couldn't be more straightforward. You will need to supply your own usb cable (the shorter the better).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QLjpoRF1iqjLrCQZ8

Hi Phil, thank you for your business!

I'm the builder of that adapter. I'm pleased to announce that I've officially joined Mazdas247 as an approved merchant member (thanks Antione!). I sell mostly via Amazon but hope to begin interacting with members directly and offering a group-buy to you guys once I have more product in stock. Stay tuned!

Registered Member
    Approved Merchant Member

Hi guys, I haven't had the chance to play with the frameless mirror on Mazdas yet but it looks uncannily like the plugs on the Lexus/Toyota frameless mirrors. If one of you is willing to see if it plugs in, DM me and I'll send one to you:

https://www.amazon.com/SimpleUSBPort...dp/B07BH4G1NW/

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Welcome K3vonn! Thanks for joining the conversation. Hopefully someone volunteers to test this out on their frameless mirror!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

'18 Mazda 6 Signature

I've reached out to K3vonn to offer help in testing on frameless mirror. Not sure if being a 6 and not a CX-9 or the fact that I'm in Canada will affect my ability to assist.

I do like the this plug and play solution. I had used wiretaps and a DIY USB module in my former CX-5 but anything plug and play is the way to go if it's out there.

Registered Member
    Approved Merchant Member

Okay, Studum sent me some photos of the frameless mirror plug.

The bad news: the signature model (or any of the frameless mirrors) uses different connectors (see pic below) than the non-frameless mirrors, so my adapter from above wouldn't work. The good news: I have access to these connectors (they're used in frameless Prius and all frameless Lexus models) and can design and build a compatible version super quickly.

What I need to figure out now is do all Signature models (mazda 3, all the cx models) use the same mirror part no? Is there enough demand for this adapter or does somebody know if all Mazdas going forward might move to this new plug?

Registered Member
    Approved Merchant Member

Updates... I obtained the official wiring for frameless Homelink mirrors from the Mazda service manuals. Here is the information:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345