CX-8 Update For China Will Apparently Come With 2.5L NA Engine?

:
'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver
Apparently in China, the CX-8 is going to get the 2.5L NA:

2.5L/192hp exposure Changan Mazda CX-8 declaration

Translation:

24gsmef.jpg

qq21jk.jpg

2r2lqjc.jpg

2ebhnif.jpg

6yh6dd.jpg

(hmm)

In many respects, having the naturally aspirated engine makes sense. Simpler to maintain. I saw the coming of turbo GDI engines in Asia and with the prevalence of poor fuel plus choice of motor oils it makes the whole thing a bit dicey. In China they have the Honda stop sale and recall going on for the Earth Dreams 1.5 t-GDI. Consumers may be put off with turbos at the moment.

Plus, as you mentioned in another thread, fuel economy is better with the na engine. Fuel economy is important in China.

In many respects, having the naturally aspirated engine makes sense. Simpler to maintain. I saw the coming of turbo GDI engines in Asia and with the prevalence of poor fuel plus choice of motor oils it makes the whole thing a bit dicey. In China they have the Honda stop sale and recall going on for the Earth Dreams 1.5 t-GDI. Consumers may be put off with turbos at the moment.

Plus, as you mentioned in another thread, fuel economy is better with the na engine. Fuel economy is important in China.

Very true

Could be that the CX-5 or CX-9 for that matter are not sold in China so having 2.5NA makes sense.

Would make no sense here in Oz land as CX-5 has 2.5NA & CX-9 has 2.5T

Back