Brand new FSDE with FSZE intake + Corksport exhaust cams installed, CEL P0300 + P0301

dorkidori_s13

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
So I purchased a re-manufactured head, new old stock FSDE Mazdaspeed block, new sensors all around, brand timing belt kit, brand new oil pump etc (basically EVERYTHING brand new) and had the motor put together and installed along with my FSZE intake cam and Corksport Exhaust cam. Shop that put everything together and installed is a very reputable shop here in Vegas with ASE certifications up and down the board! Not a tuner shop either, standard automotive shop thats been around for over 20 years.

Anywho, since everythings been put back together with the cams installed... I keep throwing P0300 and P0301 codes from the ECM. Idle is a bit lumpy as well (but this is to be expected). I am currently running a SpicyTune MP3 ECM (I have a factory MP3 ECM at home as well). Spark plugs + wires + 1.8 liter coilpacks are all brand new. Ive relocated the coilpacks to sit on the intake manifold to keep them away from my OBX header thats jet hot coated silver.

I was doing a bit of research on adjustable cam gears (was gonna buy a set from Hydra), but unfortunately I cannot find a concise or clear answer as to if installing a set of adjustable cam gears with these cams would help alleviate the issue. Doesnt seem like theres a lot of info out there regarding N/A FS-DEs running FSZE intake + Corksport Exhaust cams + cam gears.

PS: Before anyone asks, within the last 2 weeks Ive pulled both my EGR plus IACV and cleaned both THOROUGHLY!!!

Back