E Parking Brake

Kind of funny, they said they couldn't verify my concerns, but they replaced everything anyway. Pictures seem pretty cut and dry to me.

Kind of funny, they said they couldn't verify my concerns, but they replaced everything anyway. Pictures seem pretty cut and dry to me.
Yes, your pictures do show obvious uneven wear between inner and outer pads, and the symptom of very hot rotors to boot!

Id find another Mazda dealer for service if theres alternative.

I believe the latest TSB for this is TSB ID: 04-001-18-3418

Why would they put grease all over the back of my pads? Is it part of some TSB?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20181116_155310108.jpg
    IMG_20181116_155310108.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_20181116_155334863.jpg
    IMG_20181116_155334863.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 478
Normally it's anti-seize they use on the back of the brake pad to prevent vibration/chatter noises with the brakes.

Normally it's anti-seize they use on the back of the brake pad to prevent vibration/chatter noises with the brakes.

Usually the stuff is like a silicone goop that goes on the back of brake pads, this stuff is....grease. So, anti-seize...I usually stick that stuff where the parts rub against each other, not the whole back of the pad.

Last edited:
Usually the stuff is like a silicone goop that goes on the back of brake pads, this stuff is....grease. So, anti-seize...I usually stick that stuff where the parts rub against each other, not the whole back of the pad.
The design is different but the service manual calls dark moly grease which comes with OEM brake pad set being applied to whole back of the pads for anti-vibration reason on my 1998 Honda CR-V.

The design is different but the service manual calls dark moly grease which comes with OEM brake pad set being applied to whole back of the pads for anti-vibration reason on my 1998 Honda CR-V.

Interesting, looking at the s/m they call for that grease. I didn't realize it was to be slopped everywhere, though. The dealer replaced the brakes on my 2014 and it wasn't all over the pad back.
Thanks for the info, both of you...

Last edited:
Had to actually bring it back, brake pedal was spongy as hell, sometimes going half way down to the floor before anything would happen. They re-bled the system and now it's ok. Had to go through a lot of crap but I got my new rear calipers, and rotors and pads. Should be good as far as brakes go now for a while unless they screwed something else up, not mentioning they had to drain some oil out of the engine because they put in over a half quart over the full mark when they replaced my oil pan. Gold Cup dealer my ass!

Back